Saturday, April 08, 2006

Less than two weeks!

Just two short weeks from now we will be in Russia! I really can’t get this thought out of my mind and I continue to be amazed at what awesome things God does! Our thoughts are consumed with Alexander. We have this longing to be with him like no other and each day that passes we are one step closer!

The paperwork that we need to carry with us to Krasnoyarsk is completed, except for making copies of our passports and visas. It’s a relief knowing that we have all of the paperwork ready for Alexander to become a Froehlich! Now we just need prayers for a successful day in court on the 25th!

I’ve been busy finalizing what we will be packing for Alexander this week. I’ve requested updated measurements for him, but haven’t received a response from Russia yet, so I’m guessing they may not be coming. Therefore, I have to use my best judgment in guessing how much he has grown since January and what size clothes and shoes to take for him. And I have to do this by packing as little as I think we can get by with, but enough to get us through the trip. STRESSFUL! Anyway, aside from having his stuff actually packed in a suitcase, he is ready!

As for the rest of us…..well, we’ve got a long way to go. The Easter bunny is giving Marina some neat new toys that will be perfect for taking on the plane, so we will most likely pack her toys last. And besides toys, we really only have clothes for all of us and like I mentioned before, we are wearing now most of what we’ll want to take with us. So again, lots of last minute laundry and packing. We’ll need something to do to pass the time as our travel dates near, right?????!!!

If anyone is wondering and hasn’t used the links in a previous post to find out, the weather in Siberia is still very cold right now. For the next 8 days, it seems like the daytime highs will range from 4 to 21 degrees F and the nighttime lows from 15 to -5 degrees F. Much warmer than in January, but colder than we’re used to for April and May!

Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It truly is your prayers that will carry us through this journey! Thanks for being a part of it! We’ll be in touch…..

1 comment:

Craig, Brigitte, Thomas, and Isaac said...

just wanted you to know we are thinking of you as the time nears for you to leave. we are sooo excited for you! our first trip to Russia two years ago was at this same time of year, almost to the day. It was cold! it actually was snowing and the airport runways all had ice on them in Kras. the weather was a little better in Moscow but still quite chilly- which made it even harder to pack(all the coats, warm clothes etc.) We will keep you in our prayers. I know the 10 day waiting issue is discouraging but trust God and his plan for you- plus that's 10 more days of that great German food you get to enjoy!ha. it is wonderful that you are taking Mike's parents, it is stressful and exhausting but it is also an amazing trip and for the best reason in the world! Take care and God Bless!
Brigitte