We were disappointed to find out that we won't be able to visit Alexander again until next week. There are too many families here on their 1st trip right now and our facilitators need to get the visits in for those families, and we are not able to go over the weekend. So, we are really hopeful for Monday.
We didn't end up going to the museum yesterday. We've decided to save that for a not so nice day. It's sunny again today, but cold. I think we're going to do some more walking, try to find a store that we've visited previously and just get out and about for a while.
We have all been amazed at how well Marina is handling this trip. I never would have imagined that she would be so adaptable and up for whatever comes her way. She is eating well, sleeping well and just enjoying being here. She is very anxious to meet her little brother and the children c0ming to the other families. It's also interesting at how many people (mainly at the hotel) will talk to her in Russian and then look confused when she doesn't respond! She does know how to say "thank you" in Russian and uses it very appropriately! It's so cute! We are so glad that we made the decision to bring her.
So really not much to report today. We hope you enjoy your weekend and we'll be in touch!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hello to all! I was so excited to get online today and catch up on all of your adventures. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Alexander is just beautiful and I am so happy for you. It sounds like everything is going so well and that Marina is having the time of her life. I can't wait to see you when you get home. I just realized that Alex will be home just in time for Mother's Day!
Mark has been keeping me posted, but it is great to see the pictures and hear the stories from you guys. I hope that the rest of your trip is great. I can't wait to see you soon!
Love,
Kelly
Hi Froehlich's
I thought I left a messasge a few days ago when Alex was oficially Alexander Froehlich but I don't see it on your Website. So, I will leave another one. Uncle Ken & I are so excited and so happy for all of you. We just want to say "congratulations Mom & Dad on your new son, "congratulations Marina on your new little bother and congratulations to all the grandmas, grandpas, great grandmas and grandpas and of course the aunts & uncles and us "great aunts and uncles". We coulnd't be more anxious to meet our new little "grand nephew. We hope you all have a wonderful time over there, but hurry home so we can see everybody real soon.
Take care, we love you all,
Aunt Elaine & Uncle Ken
Hi to all the Froehlichs!This is so great. I replied before but could not seem to save it. Will see what happens with this.I am so glad you all arrived sefely and things are going so well.The pictures are adorable.Enjoy your time there and getting to know Alexander.You all have been in my thoughts and prayers.I am glad toh ear Marina is enjoying herslf and doing so well.We have had more beautiful weather, Ed has watered the grass!
Peggy
Hi to all you Froehlich's,
It's 11:12p.m. Friday night. We had some unexpected news telling us that Chicago could take Frank. They wanted him Thursday, but since I have no more time off work, they said we could come Saturday morning. The ambulance will take him over. The boys and I are taking the South Shore then a bus to the institute. After talking with their coordinator I feel really good about him going there. I didn't really decide on Chicago, I was actually uncertain but figured I had a week or two to change my mind.Then they called 2 days later and said ok. The one thing that is nice is they don't have a time limit as Grand Rapids did. It's state of the art with so many programs. If Frank needs something robotic, communications, work or anything, they have it. They have a whole floor with training, research, etc. They are the only federally funded in the nation,so they have unlimited resources. It happened so fast I barely had time to figure everything out. I packed him up tonight and we'll meet him there.
I'll try to give you an update on Monday. Hey, congratulations on Alex.We are so happy for all of you. Gotta go, I have to finish up his laundry. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Marlene
Post a Comment