


The weather changed drastically from the sunny 70 degrees that we had yesterday. Today it is snowing lightly (probably about 32-34 degrees F), cloudy and pretty windy. This is the kind of weather we’ve been expecting! We’ve done a pretty good job keeping boredom at bay. Grandma and Grandpa have especially been good at keeping Marina busy while we are out and about. We all had a nice walk down mainstreet yesterday, we had ice cream at Baskin Robbins (they advertise 31 flavors, I think more like 16 or 20…) and then we visited a very large children’s store. Dadushka and Babushka bought a new Ariel Mermaid Barbie Doll for Marina. She absolutely loves it! There is a museum just a short walking distance from the hotel that we are planning to visit this afternoon. There is supposed to be a good Russian restaurant next door to it that we want to try for dinner. We’ve been eating pretty well. Breakfast is at the buffet they have here in the hotel. Quite interesting… corn, cabbage, beef, hot dogs, mashed potatoes, deli meats and cheeses, green beans, pasta, etc. They also have cereal, breads and rolls, and hard boiled eggs. The juices are interesting, too. Peach and cowberry are two of our favorites… Lunch is usually sandwiches in our room, and so far dinners have been at two different Italian restaurants, the Balkan Grill, and the German restaurant. It’s all been very good!
We are all doing well so far. We are all staying healthy and none of us are going stir-crazy yet! Being able to get out of the hotel, even if just for a walk around the hotel plaza, has been a real saving grace! I think that’s about it for now. Pretty soon we’ll have John and Joyce add a post from their perspective! We’ll be in touch…..




8 comments:
It's great that you had a really good day with Alexander. Hopefully, they will continue to improve the more you visit. The pictures are really different....it's fantastic to see that big smile!!
Enjoy your activities and your new dining adventure. I expect Russian food is very heavy; you'll have to give us a critique.
Hugs and kisses to Marina and love to all!
Dad
That smile will melt your heart. He is so cute. Can't wait to see him in person and give him a hug. This is so wonderful to share your trip with you. Love to all.
Pat
Dear Ones-
Thank you so much for sharing the updates and especially the pictures with us. It makes me feel like we're there sharing this experience with you. I'm still getting up at 3-4a.m. to check the blog. (Think I'm excited about our new grandson!)
So glad to hear that Alexander is feeling better. Nothing better than a parent's love and concern to heal all. Also very happy to hear that he's bonding quickly with you.
Hugs and kisses to all!
Love, Mom
Friends,
SO splendid that it is going better with Alexander. I had a few tears in my eyes reading that HE cried when they had to take him away from you. I am sure that made your heart grow even more for him, especially because that means that he is just as ready to come home with you as you are to have him with you. I love the pictures of him. Especailly the one with the great big smile! (Betsy is going to want to squeeze his cheeks all day!)
I pray that you will be able to see him tomorrow as well. He's missing you right now just like we all are missing you here.
We all are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
Love and stuff,
Amy
Mike / Kristen
Great to hear from you this morning and Belmond rejoices with your new addition! Alexander & Marina are so lucky to have you two and your extended family. I look forward to the next few days to watch the Blog and see your progress. Let’s count on a smooth week as you transition back to the states a new life together.
Dan L.
What a sweetie!!! Tom and I have loved following your adventure. I have named it the "Alexander Report". I absolutely love the pictures but that smile on your baby boy's face is precious.
We're praying for all of you and cannot wait until your return when we can see the whole family!
Marilou Gulick
Oh my goodness, what a smile!!!! It has to make you feel so great that Alexander is starting the bonding process with you both. I am very anxious to hear the daily progress. I'm even checking your site before my e-mail now!!! It makes me smile when I think of the day when Marina can be there with all of you and you are finally a complete family! How exciting it must be every day that it gets closer to that time! Take care and we'll keep up with the prayers!
Scott & Kathy Y.
So glad to hear that Alexander is feeling better and that you had such a wonderful visit. What an awesome smile! :) I'm really enjoying reading all of your updates.
God Bless,
Wendy
Post a Comment