I'm thrilled to report that our internet is up and running at home and I am officially back online!! Whew...this feels good!
First and most importantly......we received a new medical report and picture of Xavier today!! What a blessing! And what a precious baby! He has grown so much since the original referral pictures and I just cannot wait to kiss those cheeks! Really, how adorable is he????!!!!
He is very healthy and right on target for growth. Oh, and if you can't tell from his picture, he is a good eater and a chunk!!! His last check-up was 10 days ago and he was 26.38 inches long and weighed 20 lbs. 15 oz. That puts him at less than 25% for the Korean growth chart for height and less than 90% for weight! He was noted as being active and alert, is getting his two bottom teeth and rolls over but is not crawling or sitting yet. His development is right on target for his age and we just simply cannot wait to get our little man home! So far, we are still waiting on those legal documents to come from South Korea. Please be praying.....I'm getting anxious and really want our process to keep moving! Now, on to the not so exciting stuff......
The move is going just fine. We are still busy unpacking and organizing, but I've decided that will last at least a couple of months! Most of the big, main stuff is unpacked and put away, but there are still boxes everywhere! We have lots of shopping to do, which is very exciting for me! Especially with Atlanta just down the road!
The kids are adjusting really well. They love being in a subdivision with a pool and so many other kids to play with. I think this is really going to be a great thing for them! We took them blueberry picking last night at a farm just across the street from our subdivision. It was a lot of fun and now we have LOTS of blueberries to eat! And as a welcome to the neighborhood gift, one of our new neighbors brought us a basket of Georgia peaches and they are absolutely delicious!!
Marina starts school on Wednesday, and has an open house on Tuesday where she can meet her teacher and visit her classroom. She is very excited about it and is really ready to go. I'm still on the fence on whether I am going to let her ride the bus to and from school. In the beginning, I think I'd rather drive her in the morning and let her ride the bus home. We'll just see how it goes, I guess!
Alexander doesn't start preschool until August 26th, but he is excited as well. I think it will be great for him and that he'll do well learning to listen to and respect his teachers.
Mike's job is going well. His first official day in Athens is tomorrow, although he's been easing his way into his new position all week. Although I was told he wouldn't be traveling as much with his new job, it seems as if a trip to Germany is in his schedule for next week. Hmmm...... :O)
The weather down here.......HOT! Actually, even worse....hot and humid! It gets into the 90's every day and the humidity is way up near 127% or so. At least it hasn't been up into the 100"s since the first few days we were here.
That's about all I can think of for now. Maybe after I get a few more things done over the weekend I will start taking some pictures of the house to post. I'm not quite ready to do that yet! Thanks for checking in on us! I'm happy to be back online so I can post more frequently than in the past few weeks!
Ya'll have a great weekend!
Love,
Kristen




5 comments:
Xavier is adorable!! Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. In a few more weeks you'll be all settled in an into a routine.
I read your blog. Xavier is so cute!
Ben Burger
He sure is cute. But I expected no less. Can't wait to meet the newest member of our family. Glad to hear everyone is settling in. Will call this weekend. Love to you all. The pool is calling my name.
Xavier is just adorable! His little round face is just screaming for a good squish! ;) Reminds me of Isaac's little round face! Sounds like you are getting all settled in. So glad to be able to keep up with you here!
Hope you are getting all settled and comfy in your new home; it sounds like you are! Xavier is sooooo cute. How exciting! Many prayers and thoughts,
Matt and Amie VanAmberg
Post a Comment