Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Chuggin' along

I thought I would take a minute to update everyone on our progress with both our move and our Xavier.

We sold our house! Mike and I (along with our realtor!) are shocked that we sold our house in just 2 weeks. And not only that, but we actually had offers from 2 different families, so for 5 or 6 days we had dueling offers going! Crazy! We are still working out all of the details with the relocation company, but if everything goes well this should be a done deal. We've added another dimension to the sale with the contingencies we needed to have in our counter offer, but the relocation company is working with us to get it all figured out.

Everything is on schedule to close on our new house on July 22nd. We get possession of the house at closing, although we won't be there for closing. Our plan right now is to leave next Sunday and drive to Lexington, KY and then finish up the trip to Gergia on Monday. We will spend 2 nights in a hotel in Athens before the moving truck arrives at the house on Wednesday morning. Then the craziness begins!!!

We are still working on getting some paperwork done for the remainder of the adoption process for Xavier, but that, too is going well. We just have a few more things to complete and we should be good to go. We are currently waiting on some legal paperwork to get sent to our agency from Korea, and would appreciate your prayers that that happens much sooner rather than later. That will be the kickoff to getting the final paperwork rolling to bring this sweetheart home!!

I guess that's about it from here. Lots of odds and ends happening now, and I know that will continue until we make the move. We appreciate all of your prayers said on our behalf!

Love,
The Froehlich's

3 comments:

traciecrim said...

You know the old saying "what goes around, comes around"? Well that applies to you and your family. Good things come from good things. You are good people... Congratulations on the sale of your home. It is beautiful, I'm not surprised someone wants it bad enough to duel for it!
Love ya,
See you soon.
Tracie

Wendy said...

Congratulations on the quick sale of your home!! That's awesome! :) Will be praying for all the paperwork to go smoothly for Xavier! You are one busy Mama right now! Perhaps all the business will help the waiting for Xavier go by faster.....perhaps! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think all has been said already.

What Tracie said, but I'll add one better ~ Wonderful Things happen to Wonderful People. I too am not surprised your house sold so quickly.

As for Wendy, I think she's right on, time will fly so fast over the next couple of months and Xavier will be home before you know it.

The prayers are still coming!!
~ Hugs