Monday, March 26, 2007

Beautiful weather!

I think there has been some scientific research done to prove that a person’s mood can be affected by the weather, and I think we proved that study to be true today! We were blessed with an absolutely gorgeous day here today, and the kids were just as happy as could be. Of course, with the beautiful weather we played outside nearly all day long, and I know that always helps!

It was about 76 degrees and mostly sunny here today. As soon as I got up this morning I opened up all the windows in the house and there was a pretty strong breeze all day. That is one of my very favorite things about spring and summer. FRESH AIR!!! Of course, as I was opening up all of the windows I was noticing how much they all needed a good ol’ spring cleaning, but that is just going to have to wait for another day!

The kids played with every single outdoor toy that is in the garage already today. They went through it all, and it was like they were all brand new to them! Everything that they pulled out to play with came with a “Mommy, look……my ___________ is still here!!!” Marina even pulled out her Ariel mermaid sprinkler and was crushed when I told her that would have to wait until a warmer, more summery day. It didn’t slow her down much, though!

This picture cracks me up because these are the looks/faces we get when we pull out the camera for pictures. It usually takes at least 10-15 shots before we get them looking at the camera with a good smile! These are my baseball kids!!! :O)

And Marina has started this goofy posing thing when someone wants to take her picture. I have no idea where she got it from, but it's hilarious!!!


The smile that melts my heart!!!

I was thrilled when I walked around to the front of the house and saw my very first flower of the year! It really made me smile. Now, I know these come up very early in the season, but it’s blooming nonetheless! And my tulips and daffodils popped up at least 6 inches since Saturday! I know….it’s a pretty simple life when I get excited about my flowers finally blooming after the winter! :O) Thanks for humoring me!

The kids and I are on our own again this week while Mike is in Poland. He arrived safely very early this morning and is already looking forward to coming home. Whenever he is traveling the kids always add an extra prayer for daddy at night, and they have begun blowing him kisses before bed. The difference with these kisses, though, is that they blow as hard as they can to get them all the way to their daddy. It’s one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen. And tonight after they were done blowing kisses Marina went running into our room and brought the phone back with her. She told me that we needed to call daddy to tell him to remember to catch the kisses that we sent! I think that might put a smile on Mike’s face!!!

I hope many of you enjoyed some beautiful weather today. I sure hope it sticks around for a while!!

Love,
Kristen, Marina, Alexander, Beaumont, Cabella and Scrunchy

No comments: