Marina and I decided to make Easter cookies during Alexander’s naptime on Saturday to pass the time before Mike came home from Poland. She absolutely loves baking and decorating cookies….and so do I! She put in all the ingredients and ran the mixer. I rolled out the dough and she cut out the shapes. And the decorating was all her! It’s so much fun to watch her do things like this….she is so meticulous and can sit for hours!

While Mike was gone last week Marina really wanted to go to the ice cream “store” for some ice cream. I convinced her to wait until Mike got home so he could go with us….since he is the one that LOVES ice cream! :O) So, last night (Sunday) we decided to go out for ice cream. Thank goodness the kids just got all new rain gear, since it started raining just before we left! They were thrilled to put on their new boots and coats and head out into the rain! I can’t wait to do this more this summer! This is one of my favorite things to do with the kids! Silly, I know, but remember….I’m still a kid at heart!Tonight after dinner we decided to color Easter eggs. Marina was really excited to show Alexander how it works since this was his first egg dying experience! Both of the kids did really well and had a lot of fun! It’s so much fun to see something so simple bring such joy to these precious kids! Who knew that turning a white egg into pink could be so amazing! After the eggs were all dyed the kids put stickers and stamps on them. This even held Alexander’s attention for quite a while!








1 comment:
Kristen,
Happy Easter to your beautiful family! Loved the pictures on this post. Looks like lots of fun at your house! We may be hunting eggs in the snow this year huh? ;) Miss seeing you all at playgroup, but we will be back soon.
Wendy
Post a Comment