Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Adoption Day, Alexander!!!

Wow….one year already! It’s so hard for me to believe. One year ago, at 3:17 pm, in a courtroom in Krasnoyarsk, Russia, we were declared parents of Alexander Oleg Froehlich! The feeling of hearing those words come out of the judge’s mouth (and then hearing those words come out of the translator’s mouth in English!) was indescribable. All of the paperwork, the notaries, the apostilles, the waiting, the worrying…..they all paid off. We had our son!!! It was at this exact time, as it was with Marina’s adoption, that I have felt the most humble. God placed these beautiful children in our life….we get the divine opportunity to parent these precious children! That is incredible to me! I am deeply humbled, and incredibly blessed!

Since the judge did not waive our 10-day waiting period and we were not able to visit Alexander in the orphanage that day, we went back to the hotel to celebrate! We were greeted in the lobby by smiling faces and congratulations from some of the families that had been in court the week before and we were anxious to get up to our hotel room to share the fantastic news with Marina and Grandpa and Grandma! I was officially the mother of 2 children! God is so good!

So, today we celebrate Alexander’s Adoption Day. We do this by focusing on us….our family. (I still can’t believe it has been a year already!!!) We are going to the international adoption playgroup this morning and will celebrate with some friends and then meet Mike for lunch to continue the celebration. Alexander chose to have pizza for dinner, so I will let him make homemade pizza here tonight. We will also have cake and ice cream (another request from Alexander!) and will give him a gift that we brought home from Russia. And to end the evening, we will all sit down together to watch the video that we took of our family in Russia last year. We will laugh together, remember the fun times that we had last year, we will think about the special friends that we made that are celebrating their own families today and I can bet that I will cry……happy tears, of course! I will post pictures of our celebration either later tonight or tomorrow, so check back! To all of our Kras families…..ENJOY this special day! Savor the incredible blessing(s) that God has brought to your family. I know we certainly will!!!

Again, thank you for reminiscing with me. These are the memories that I hold so dear to my heart and I’m so thankful to have such wonderful reasons to celebrate! There has never been a doubt in my mind that God has executed His perfect plan, and that Marina and Alexander are exactly where they are meant to be. Thank you, God!

With love from our family of 4!
The Froehlich’s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Adoption Day Alexander!

When I read back over the blog from the beginning and looked at all of your pictures, I laughed and cried (only happy tears). In the pictures I see your beautiful smile and that sparkle in your eye that makes Grandma smile every time that I see you. My heart bursts with love and joy, and now I get to give you my own hugs and kisses because you have come into our lives. I look forward to seeing you grow and flourish.
My love to you,
Grandma M.