The next couple of weeks are going to bring back some great memories for our family. It was exactly one year ago today that Mike, Marina and I, along with Grandma and Grandpa F., boarded a plane in Detroit and headed East. As far East as Krasnoyarsk, Russia! Yes, it was one year ago today that we began our trip to bring Alexander home! I remember the feelings of anxiety and excitement as we made our trip to the airport. I remember the emotions that overcame me as I hugged my parents and grandma goodbye as we stood in front of the airport. I remember the kiss my mom planted on my cheek, along with strict instructions to make sure that one made it all the way to her new grandson. I remember the nervousness that I felt as we boarded the plane and got settled into our seats….knowing we were going to be there for a looooong time! But most of all, I remember the feeling of holding Alexander in my arms during our first trip in January 2006 and wanting to feel it all over again, only this time knowing that I would be able to hold him everyday and not have to leave him in Russia!
It’s funny how this year, today was really just another day. Although, so many times throughout the day I found myself thinking back to one year ago. And each and every time it brought a smile to my face, a tear to my eye and a renewed thankfulness for the incredible blessings God has bestowed on us.
Check back in a few days and you can reminisce along with me. After all, this trip one year ago was the entire reason for starting this blog, so I really feel as though we’ve come full-circle! Thank you for celebrating with us as we made our way to Russia last year, and as we welcomed Alexander into our family. I hope you, too, will enjoy this walk down memory lane…..
Much love,
Kristen
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow Kristen!...a year already?! Looking forward to reminiscing with you. What a blessing!
God Bless,
Wendy
I'm writing thru tears of joy. That little guy has brought such joy to our family. Thank you for bringing him to us. he and Marina are such treasures. Love to all.
Aunt Pot
Congratulations! I can't believe it has been a whole year. He is such a precious little boy and I can tell how much joy he brings to your family.
Brittany Phillips
Post a Comment