The highlight of our day (of course!) was our visit with Alexander! It was another wonderful day! Very similar to Thursday, he cried when they first brought him in to see us, but settled down very quickly and was ready to play. The xylophone was a hit again, along with a few other toys we brought for him. Anything with music goes over very well! He loved the goldfish as well as playing with the sippy cup. He still hasn’t figured out just how to use it, but we’re sure it won’t take long! We spent about 2 ½ hours with him in the morning, and like Thursday, he cried when his caregiver came in to take him. I don’t like that he cries, but it does my heart good to think (or rather, hope!) that he is enjoying the time he has with us and is a bit sad to be taken away.

Today (Tuesday) we have just been around the hotel in the morning, but plan on heading out shortly to do some walking and shopping. There is a large shopping mall on Mira Street that we’ve been wanting to visit, and we plan on stopping at the large children’s store again on our way back to the hotel. There are a few Russian toys that we are hoping to pick up for the kids, and all of us (Mike, Kristen, Marina and Alexander) would like to get some Russian shoes. We’ll see just how successful we are! I’m not sure where we’ll have dinner tonight, but I do know that we would all like to go back to the Russian restaurant down the street from the hotel.
Tomorrow is a big day for all of us. We are going back to the orphanage to visit Alexander, and we will be taking Marina, John and Joyce with us!!! I get emotional just thinking about it. I have waited a long time to have our family of 4 together in the same room and we are so close to that happening! Marina is so excited to meet her little brother and I know John and Joyce are chomping at the bit to meet him, too! They have been so patient and I can’t wait to see their reaction when they see him IN PERSON for the first time! I think it will be a very exciting day for all of us! I can’t help but be humbled at how God has blessed us!

Justin….Happy 4th birthday, big guy! Sorry we missed your birthday, but we thought about you all day!
Mom…Happy __th birthday! :O) Sorry we can’t be there to celebrate with you, but we’re working on bringing your “real” gift home!
Aunt Pat…Happy birthday to you, too!
Sending our love from this side of the world, to yours!




7 comments:
Well, when he's reading well, and music's still a big deal to him, you know where to find a piano teacher for him. Can't wait to hear how Alexander and Marina get along! How exciting.
Good morning. The pictures are great. He sure is a cute little fellow. Sounds as if things are going very well and we are all eager to hear Marina's reaction to her brother. Can't wait for all of you to get back here. This has been such a wonderful trip for all of us. Kisses to all and thanks for the birthday greetings.
Pat
Mike,
Following this journey is like reading a good book. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming.
Dan L.
Dear Ones,
My heart is bursting with joy thinking about the bonding the three of you are experiencing and the thought that shortly that will be four. I can't wait to see the first pictures of Marina & Alexander together. I will be smiling all day thinking of my "Happy Birthday Grandma" and "Love you, love you, love you!" from Marina half a world away. We miss all of you terribly and wish we were there to share this incredible journey but the updates and pictures sure do help. Please give hugs and kisses to both of my grandchildren.
Love to all,
Mom
Mike & Kristen,
Sorry our congratulations have been delayed. We thought we'd lost your blog address. Anyway, now that we've read up on everything to date, we can't wait for the story's conclusion with all of you back home! It's good to hear everything has worked out well with Marina, John, and Joyce with you. It broke our hearts to hear about the weekend apart from Alex. I know it's easy to say "just take it one day at a time" but we know it must agonizing. We'll continue to think of you and keep you in our prayers.
Love,
Laura, Mandar & Neil
Hello to all of you. Thank you for sharing this special time with all of your friends. I am really enjoying this. The pictures are great of all of you. Keep them coming! You all look great. Glad to hear John and Joyce are enjoying things so much. The vodka sound good! If I am right , tomorrow is another big day with all of you going to see Alexander. I will be thinking of you and hope that all goes well.I think you all will have such special memories of this time.
Peggy & Ed
Alexander is so cute! It is such a treat to read about your trip and see the pictures. It's so heartwarming! I can't wait to hear about Marina's first visit with her new brother.
Love,
Susan Cameron
Post a Comment