Wow, it is great to be home!!! Who knew that sleeping in your own bed could feel SO good! Not to mention having home cooked meals! We feel like royalty!
Our travels home went well. The flights were on time and the kids did really, really well. On the 11 hour flight from Moscow, Alexander slept for about 4 hours straight and then took a few cat naps before and after. Marina slept for about 3 hours. Mike and I hardly slept at all. On the flight from Atlanta, Mike and Alexander slept the whole flight and Marina and I were up. The anxiety of getting closer and closer to home was too much for me! I just couldn’t sleep!
We had a great welcome home party at the airport! It was so great to see those familiar faces and to be back on US soil! Our flight arrived about 8:30pm, so we only spent a little more than an hour at the airport before heading home. Alexander wasn’t thrilled with his car seat, but within 10 minutes of leaving the airport both kids were sleeping. We got home about 11:30pm and got Marina upstairs in her bed without waking her. Alexander was wide awake by the time we got home, so we stayed up with him until almost 1:00am. We introduced him to Beaumont and Cabella right away. He was a little hesitant at first, but quickly learned that they are destined to be best buds! He’s doing great with them! Alexander fell asleep about 1:30 Saturday night (well…I guess really Sunday morning!) but was up almost every hour. Obviously he was battling jet lag! So, we had a pretty short night Saturday night.
We had a great day yesterday, too! John and Joyce stayed at our house Saturday night since it was so late by the time we got home. My parents and grandma came to our house yesterday, along with Uncle Mark! It was nice to spend time with our families and have them meet Alexander. Truly a very special way to celebrate Mother’s Day!
Last night all 4 of us were completely exhausted! The kids were both in bed and sleeping by 8:00 and I was in bed asleep by 8:30! Alexander woke up once around 1:30 and then slept until 6:45 this morning. Marina didn’t get up until after 8:30! We all needed some good sleep and I feel like we’re well on our way to getting back into this time zone!
Alexander seems to be adapting to all of these changes very, very well! It’s amazing just how resilient these little ones are! We plan to stick pretty close to home for the next few days. Mike is home with us today and tomorrow before heading back to work on Wednesday.
We’ll try to keep these updates coming…although not daily like in Russia! The support we’ve received from all of you has been very heart-warming and we can’t wait for all of you to meet the newest little Froehlich!
Finally….sending our love from home!
Mike, Kristen, Marina and Alexander!
p.s. The photos are not working well for me today...but I'll try again later! Sorry!
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Glad to see and hear that you got home safely. I was going to call yesterday, but since you had said that Saturday was a rough night, I didn't want to bug you in case you or the kids were sleeping. I'll call and catch up with you sometime in the next few days!
SO glad to hear that you are home and that everything is going well. I can only imagine how excellent it felt to sleep in your own bed! Thank goodness the kids are holding their own and doing well. I am sure that having Marina there helps Alexander feel good, kids always look to other kids for that extra OK. I am sure that the dogs didn't know what to do, I am sure they they miss all of you while you were away. Can't wait to catch up in person...I'm dying to call, but am stopping myself as you have too much going on. Hopefully, we'll chat soon...but if not, just know that I am thinking of you.
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment