We had another great day yesterday and we’re well on our way to another one today. Alexander is taking a nap right now and Marina is playing with Grandpa and Grandma. She sure is going to miss them once we get home!

We went out to dinner again last night and Alexander did well. He seems to adjust pretty quickly to new places. He went to bed really well again last night and slept through the night until 6:45 this morning. Today we played with friends in the hotel for a while and then Mike went to the market. I decided to take the kids outside to get some fresh air. I think we all needed it! We had fun feeding the birds and then chasing them! Alexander thought it was hilarious!


It’s been fun learning about Alexander’s personality the past few days. He is overall a very happy little guy. He has a very contagious smile that lights up the room. He does not like to be told “no,” but I don’t know of any little person that does! He really likes playing with Marina but doesn’t interact too much with the other kids on the floor. I know that is common for his age. Also, we figured out that it’s not that he dislikes milk, but he just doesn’t like it really cold. All the milk here is served around room temperature. So we’ve been warming his up before giving it to him and that seems to help. Like a typical boy, he plays rougher and tougher than Marina did at this age. He likes to bang things, pound things and make noise whatever way he can! He is all boy and so much fun! We’ve determined that we need all soft toys at our house for now, otherwise we’ll be patching holes in the walls! :O)


An update on John and Joyce: they are doing really well. They will never fully understand how much we appreciate them being here with us and helping out so much. John is tired of eating in restaurants, as are the rest of us. A home cooked meal has never sounded so good! They seem to be enjoying the trip, although ready to be home just like we are! Words cannot express how thankful we are to them! :O) Thanks a million, Mom and Dad!
There have been tents put up in preparation for the holiday tomorrow, but we’re still not sure what to expect. We’re anxious to see what this holiday is all about. Since I won’t be able to update tomorrow, I’ll catch you up on the events on Wednesday.




9 comments:
Well, it appears the bonding is complete. I've seen pictures of Alexander with both Grandma and Grandpa and I can't tell you how special the pictures of Alexander with Marina are. And to hear that they seem to have eased into a special bond. I love to see them playing together and with Big Sister helping him out with eating, drinking, etc. We can't wait to see all of you soon and to experience their interactions firsthand.
Enjoy your holiday in Kras and we'll look forward to more news on Wednesday. By then we can cross a couple more days off the calendar until your return!
Love to all,
Dad
This blog is so special. It is one thing to read your comments and quite another to see pictures! We are looking forward to having John and Joyce back home and hearing about all their adventures. We look forward to having you visit them and getting a chance to meet this little guy we have grown to love through this blog!
We hope the next days go quickly and eagerly wait to hear that you are boarding the plane to come home.
Karen & Dallon
PS Tell John there is a home cooked meal waiting for him!
I think this Blog is the coolest thing! I am so glad that I have been able to watch all of this unfold from the other side of the world. It makes me feel like I am right there with you. The only thing that could be better was if I had internet at home and could check on the weekends!! I get a few days behind this way!
What a great feeling seeing all of you together. I am so proud of Marina for being the best big sister! It is so nice to see how comfortable Alexander is with everthing, but what can you expect, he whas the best family he could have!!! I cannot believe how close we are getting to meeting the little man, I can't wait!!!
Enjoy all of time together as your trip comtinues, and best wishes for your coming travels, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
PS - Thanks for the posting Marina
Wow! Looks like Marina and Alexander are already best buds! They have a lifetime of fun and adventures ahead......as do Mom and Dad.:) I look forward to reading your blog everyday and of course really enjoy all the pics! Thanks so much for sharing your joy with all of us.
God Bless,
Wendy
From the librarian -
Victory Day (May 9th)in Russia is the day the Russians express their patriotism by honoring the soldiers who fought against Germany in the Great Patriotic War(World War II)and all other veterans. At The Grave of the Unknown Soldier in Moscow, veterans lay their wreaths and the day ends with a display of fireworks. Similar festivities occur all over the country, so maybe you'll experience this event in Kras.
Love, Mom
Dear Ones-
The pictures of Alexander with Marina are priceless. It looks like she takes her new role of a protective, caring, nurturing big sister very seriously. We look forward to watching them grow closer and closer and getting to know Alexander personally. The pictures have been wonderful but I just want to give him my own hugs and kisses.
What if I supply a home-cooked meal on Sunday, May 14th? Alright, I do have an ulterior motive. Of course we would have to deliver it to your house personally. Any excuse to see all of you! We miss you!!
We'll look forward to hearing from you on Wed. Hugs and kisses to the little ones.
Love to all,
Mom
What a wonderful time for you all. Marina looks so grown up in the pictures with Alexander even Kaelie said "she grew up so fast". Ha, wait little one, until you are a mother. We are so happy for all of you and pray for you often. Cannot wait until we can see the Froelich family in person!
Safe travels and God's blessings....
Marilou Gulick
Wow! I am amazed that you guys are holding up so well with the travel and 2 toddlers. that's great! these updates are so nice to read. I get misty because I am so happy to see how well your growing family is getting on. Thanks for sharing.
One day closer to being home.
Barbara
Please pass on the news to John and Joyce that our grandson (David) arrived healthy May 8th.
We are going over today to see him.
Thanks,
Karen & Dallon
Post a Comment