Thursday, August 14, 2008

My helpers

Hi everyone! It's been a busy week since my last post. I thought I would add a few pictures of my kitchen helpers. They were both in the mood to help make dinner the other night, but couldn't do it without completely dressing the part!

Things are going well for us in Georgia. We are still settling in and making our house our home. Marina is still loving kindergarten and is ready to go every day! She started riding the bus to school on Monday morning, instead of me taking her, and she did have a little mishap the first day but it's been great ever since! I didn't know that her bus stops at the elementary school to drop off the 3rd-5th graders first, and then drops the K-2nd graders off at the primary school. So on Monday, Marina got off at the elementary school, but didn't seem to make it too far before being stopped by a teacher or principal who knew she was much too little for that school! She was put onto the next bus and made it to her school just fine! Her teacher e-mailed me telling me how much she enjoys watching Marina draw and how much she enjoys having her in her classroom. Now, I'm sure she tells all of the parents that, but it is nice to hear! :O)

Alexander is getting anxious to start preschool. He has 2 more weeks until it begins, but I'm sure the time will pass quickly. He enjoys having the mornings at home with mommy, but by lunch time asks quite frequently when his big sister will be home. He really does miss her when she's at school!

Our adoption paperwork continues to be moving along. It was overnighted to the State of Michigan on Monday with a return overnight envelope included, so our social worker expected to have it back yesterday or today. She was then going to turn around that same day and overnight it to the County Court. Once there, they expect it to take 1-3 weeks to have the judge sign it and return it to the agency. So, I haven't heard yet, but I'm hoping the agency received our paperwork back from the State today and will then send it on the county. Please keep praying..... :O)

That's really about it for now. We just continue to keep ourselves busy adjusting to life in the South. The weather has still been pretty warm, but has cooled off considerably since the first 2 weeks we were here. It's been overcast and rainy the last 2 days, which has kept the temps in the low to mid 80's. Not bad! I'm sure there are still plenty 90-100 degree days coming up!

Enjoy your weekend!
Love,
The Froehlich's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your move was uneventful and your getting into a routine. The kids looked like they were having a blast helping with dinner. My prayers are with you on the final leg of the adoption.