I received this message from our adoption agency and picked out a few parts of it to add to my blog. I'm embarrassed to say that as an adoptive mom I did not know that the Saturday before Mother's Day is celebrated as BirthMother's Day. Now I know, and now we have another reason to celebrate. I will never meet the amazing mother's who carried my children in their wombs for 9 months and who loved them so much that they knew the only chance at a good life for their child was to release them for adoption. Such a selfless act is completely unfathomable to me. How their hearts must literally have broken as they handed their precious children over to complete strangers. I will not lie.....I think about my children's birthmother's a LOT, pray for them constantly and thank them endlessly for being a vessel in creating what our family is today. God had great plans for our family, and it is an honor to include these 3 amazing women in our "story." Please pray for all birthmother's today. This is certainly a holiday that must tear at their heartstrings and be a constant reminder of the pain that they have endured.
And this from Bethany:
This year, Mother's Day is Sunday, May 10th... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHER'S AND ALL MOTHER'S-TO-BE!
..... although not officially on the calendar as a holiday, did you know the Saturday before Mother's Day is celebrated among the adoption community as "Birth-Mother's Day?"
A "BirthMother/First Mother" is the name given to a woman who conceives and biologically gives birth to a child who is relinquished or placed for adoption.The adoption constellation involves many people (extended family, support, etc), but the triad consists of three points. The three-points of the triad are: the child, the Adoptive Mother (or Adoptive Family) and the BirthMother (or BirthFamily), in no particular order. Without one of these "points" the triad would not exist. The relationship among the three sides is inter-related and inter-dependent. All three sides of the triangle are of equal length. All three should be celebrated equally! Many Christians believe that as we are all God's adopted children, this adoption triad metaphor reflects the Trinity of our Father.
As a Mother (whether through birth or adoption) of a child... whether your child is with you, with God, living overseas or yet to be born... Bethany Christian Services wishes you a warm and loving "Happy Mother's Day."
We also keep in prayer the BirthMother's that give Life to these precious children and love them enough to want for them, what they cannot provide. These women too, should be celebrated, honored, and given Thanksgiving. Their struggles and choices are immeasurable and we may never know them, but we do know them in our hearts. We pray that they are safe, loved and at Peace.
I'd also like to wish all the Mom's out there a wonderful Mother's Day. This day is a great reminder of the most incredible blessings I have in my life......3 of them that call me Mom! Wow....I certainly don't deserve such an honored title!
To my mom: thank you for being a great role model and teacher. Your love and support was a great lesson for raising my own children and I only hope I do it with half the strength, patience and love you raised Stephanie and I with. I love you!
To my mother-in-law: to say that I am blessed beyond measure to have you as a mother-in-law is a complete understatement. I am honored! Your faith and committment to not only your family but ours is amazing and I hope that at some point in my life God smiles down on me like I know he is doing to you! I love you!
To my grandma and grandma-in-law: you are two amazing women! The families that you raised are proof that you have so much to be proud of! Again, it is such an honor to know you and love you and to be a part of your families. I love you!
To my sister and sister-in-law: watching you become mother's has been such an inspiration to me. Watching my nieces and nephews grow and learn is such a great reminder of the committment and love you have for your children. I am blessed because of you. I love you!
Happy Mother's Day with love,
Kristen
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Kristen,
You are an amazing Mom and MAX are so blessed to have you. God has been good to you in giving you those three precious faces to love. You have made your mother proud. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Post a Comment