Thursday, May 14, 2009

My cup toilet runneth over

I have a quick, funny story to share with you this morning. Perhaps it will put a smile on your face...

I was playing in the great room with Xavier when Alexander announces that he needs to go potty. Like the big boy that he is, he marches right into the bathroom to do his business. It's taking him a little while, so I ask if he needs any help. Nope. He assures me all is well. A minute or five later I hear a frantic little voice from the bathroom, "oh no, oh no, OH NO!" I run in quickly to see what's happening and by the time I get to the hallway of the bathroom I notice the water on the floor. He has managed to overflow the toilet. And tried desperately to wipe up the water using the bathroom run and the hand towel. YUCK! Except the amount of water was way too much for those to handle! I cleaned up the water, and then pulled out a grapefruit sized wad of toilet paper from the toilet. "But Mom, I had to poop!" Surely, he still needs help with the "paperwork!"

3 comments:

Dad M. said...

OH MY! I can easily visualize and hear in my mind this story. As he grows older, he'll learn that less paperwork is better. Let's hope he learns soon!

Of course, you know how much he enjoys playing in the water..... :)

Dad M.

Anonymous said...

THAT is funny! Like your dad said...you can totally hear and see him in this little "adventure". You know he just wanted to make sure that he was clean, clean, clean! At least it is something that will go into the family "remember when" stories!
Much Love,
Amy

Pat said...

I think as parents we have all lived thru this at least a few times. I can just picture his face. Yikes.