On Saturday we went to the Fall Festival right here in Watkinsville. It was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. They had quite a few activities for the kids to do. They jumped on inflatable bouncy castles, we rode a train and a hayride, they went through the petting zoo and we walked through the many arts and crafts booths they had set up. They also had a small farmer’s market, which was actually a bit disappointing. The highlight for the kids was getting to try cotton candy for the very first time! They loved it!! I did not take the camera with us, though, so there are no pictures from our fun morning.
After naptime (for Mike and the kids!) we went out to a large pumpkin patch near our house. Not only do they have a pumpkin patch, but also 2 neat playgrounds, a cow train, a petting zoo, a cornbox (think sandbox only filled with corn instead of sand!), a hayride, a corn shooter and a pumpkin slingshot. It was great! We each picked out our own pumpkins and then the kids both agreed on one for Xavier!




On Sunday after church we drove into Atlanta to check out the zoo. It was wonderful! Again, the weather was perfect and the zoo was a lot of fun. They have a lot of animals there, and lots to keep the kids interested. It was a great afternoon. 


So, the theme of the weekend was keeping ourselves busy enough that we didn’t dwell too long on the fact that we still don’t know when Xavier will be coming home. I called the DC Visa office again today and the US Embassy is still waiting for the Korean adoption agency to return our packet of information before scheduling Xavier’s visa interview. I won’t lie to you….I am just barely hanging on with the very last fine shreds of a thread. I’m about to lose it. We know a lot of you are still praying us along in this process and I can’t tell you how much that means! God hears each and every one of them and soon (I hope!) His plan will be revealed. Until then, I am going to begin some retail therapy beginning tomorrow, and see if I can’t get a good start on my Christmas shopping! Sending our love to each and every one of you!
Kristen and family




1 comment:
Your all in my prayers and little Xavier will be home for the holidays, I just know it.
Post a Comment