Friday, October 10, 2008

Caller ID is such a curse...

It happened. The phone rang and Bethany Christian Services showed up on the caller ID. Now I know that we are weeks away from getting our travel call for Xavier. I KNOW this. Yet, for just a brief second, my heart stopped beating. Darn caller ID!

Our social worker was quick to tell me that she does not have the news I was hoping for, but was calling for another reason. Instant letdown! But, she did have some other good news. She had Xavier's September medical report! And much to my disappointment, this one did not include an updated picture. So, the next time I see my little man's face will probably be when I hold him in my arms for the very first time. I guess I'll have to be okay with that....as long as that happens SOON!

So, he is healthy, and growing and developing right on schedule. He is now 28 inches long and weighs 21 lb. 13 oz! His condition is listed as "active baby," he has good nutrition and everything else is "normal." He can sit alone now, transfer items from hand to hand and walks holding onto hands. He is able to say one word: omma (mama!)

So this will probably be the last medical update we get before he comes home. So at least I have a bit more updated information to use when I'm shopping for him! We appreciate any prayers that you could spare in getting our information packet from the agency to the US Embassy. Once that happens our wait should be relatively short! Thanks so much!

Love,
The excited and anxious Froehlich family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll keep praying for soon. Keep the pictures coming, I love to see them. Miss all of you. Love to you all.