Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy birthday, Scrunchy!

Today is a day of big celebration in our house. Well, atleast for one of us! Today Scrunchy turns 2!! Marina is no less excited for our cat's birthday than she is for her own. So, at 4:45am I hear a little voice out of Marina's room saying, "Mommy....I'm so excited for Scrunchy's birthday that I can't sleep!" Great! See, we had to go to the store last night to buy Scrunchy a few birthday gifts. And then we had to come home and wrap them right away so Scrunchy wouldn't see what she picked out for him!

So, at 6:05 am, Marina comes bounding into my room with the cat right on her heels, they both jump up on my bed, by 6:05 and 37 seconds the gift is openend, the cat is playing with his new toys and Marina is pleased beyond compare! Now, I had good intentions of capturing all of this on camera, however, I was barely even awake enough to know what was happening, let alone out of bed enough to go downstairs to grab the camera in those short 37 seconds.

So, happy birthday little Scrunchy cat! It's obvious that you are truly loved!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sooooooooo SWEET!!! :) :) Happy Birthday Scrunchy! That name still makes me smile! :)

....Heidi is the same way with her pets...still at age 14 lol!