Thursday, May 29, 2008

Georgia on my mind....

Our News ~
It is both with great joy and sadness that we announce that we will be moving! Mike has accepted a new position within Eaton Corporation as Engineering Manager that will take him to their Supercharger Plant in Athens, Georgia. We have known about the possibility for a few weeks now and have been thinking and praying about it non-stop. Mike was down in Athens last week to interview and returned home Friday, which is also the day that he received his formal offer. Feel free to leave your questions in the comment section and I will answer any of them that I can, but I will start by answering a few that I know will be asked:

The Timing ~
This will hopefully be a relatively very quick move. The only reason I say that is because school begins in Georgia on August 6th and I feel very strongly about getting moved down there before that date. So our goal is arrive in Athens by the last week in July. That is just 8 ½ weeks from now. And in that time we need to get our house ready to sell and on the market, as well as travel down to Athens to do some house hunting and with any luck, purchasing. Whew…it’s going to be a quick summer!

Our Adoption ~
Since the time that this opportunity came about we have both been searching for God’s lead in our decision. We found it here. Bethany can only place healthy infants from South Korea in 5 states…Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and ……GEORGIA! If that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is! So, we will move forward as planned on our adoption. Once we get into our new house we will have to have a social worker from the Atlanta office come visit, resubmit some paperwork to the immigration office and we will need to wait for reapproval from them. Once we receive that, it is then forwarded on to the Holt office in Korea and they can move forward on making travel arrangements for our new little one. So hopefully the timing will all work out perfectly and there will not be any delays!

Our Feelings ~
I won’t lie…..our feelings and emotions about this move are all over the place! At any given time I can feel complete sadness and undeniable excitement….all at the same time. Emotionally it is really, really difficult to have to say goodbye to our family and friends. I will not handle it well. At all. When we focus on the new experiences and opportunities that await us, it’s very exciting. The kids are taking the news in stride and don’t seemed phased by what we’re telling them. Although Marina is concerned about how all of her toys are going to get to our new house. Don’t worry…..I’ve assured her that they WILL get there!

How Can You Help? ~
PRAYERS! And lots of them! The stress of everything that needs to get done and the amount of time we have to do it is already mounting. So far we’re handling it well, but I know as more gets added into the mix it will be harder.

Thanks for your support and prayers as we move through this process. We are excited to see what God has in store for us! We will keep you updated on our progress! Oh……and start planning your first visit to Georgia! We’d love for you to visit us!

Much love,
The Froehlich family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was a lot to take in. I pray for your safe travels and that the selling and purchasing of homes moves along without to many road blocks. I will have to make a point to get over and see all of you before you head out, it's been too long. Your blog is a great way for me to keep track of you. God Bless You All!

Wendy said...

Well, I guess I should have checked here once more before I emailed you. All of my questions have been answered. ;) You most definitely have my prayers! I hate to see you leave Michigan, but wish you all the best of course! :)So happy that you will be able to move forward with your adoption!! But now I won't get to see the new little one...:(

Craig, Brigitte, Thomas, and Isaac said...

How exciting! I can't imagine all that you are dealing with to get ready for this new move, and so quickly! I know everything will get worked out, you and Mike seem to just adapt to anything so well. I have to admit, we are so excited to have you all moving down south and so much closer to us! I have a good friend who recently moved to Huntsville, AL for her husband to take an engineering job there also. It will be great to have you in Georgia, hopefully we can get the kids together more often now, and there is so much to do right by you in Atlanta. Keep us updated and let us know if we can help in anyway!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this new phase of your life. We will hold you all in prayer. Love to you all.