Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DR day 3 ~ or the day of great anticipation!!

I will not say a lot about this day, mostly because "perfect in every way" is all that it was!  I got to meet our sponsor child, Marianyelis, on this day and it was every bit as emotional, awesome, amazing and God-filled as I had hoped.  Marianyelis is a BEAUTIFUL girl, and is extremely shy and quiet.  However, that did not stop us from having a wonderful day together!  We played soccer, swang, swam in the pool, played on the beach, jumped in the waves in the ocean, had lunch together, gave her all of her gifts and painted her fingernails.  You can imagine how everwhelming this experience would be since most of these children have never left their villages, have never eaten in a restaurant, etc.  Wow!!  The day went much too quickly and the goodbyes were incredibly difficult.  We consider her (and our other 3 sponsor children) a part of our family and it was so great to be able to hold her and love on her for the day!  I cannot wait to go back again!  And I hope it's soon!! 














Be well and stay safe sweet girl!  We pray for you everyday and we love you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
What can any one of us actually say to you to express these posts? WOW! This was such a special thing that you did and it is so great that you had this experience to share it with all of us. You've taught us all many things with these few posts and pictures. I am so excited that you got to spend such a warm, sunny day with your sponsor child I am sure that was one of the best parts of the trip. Thanks for doing this for those children and thanks for doing it for us. We all should think about doing this!
Love,
Amy