I returned home from the Dominican Republic late last night and am now snuggled in on the couch ready to recap everything that I saw and experienced while I was there. But I can't. The words are not only escaping me, but I don't know that there are really words to describe it. I was blessed, I was broken. I laughed, I cried. I prayed, I was prayed for. I may have even saw a glimpse of heaven in the smiles of some amazing children in a tiny village in the poorest parts of a developing third world country. I fell in love.
I am going to do a separate post for each day spent in the DR. There are many, many pictures I'd like to share and I'd never get through it all in one post. There will be more to come so check back soon! But for now, know that this was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Child sponsorship is an awesome work of the Lord and I strongly encourage every one of you to consider it. You will not only change the life of a child and their family but you could quite possibly save their life. You will be an incredible blessing to that child, but I guarantee that you will be equally as blessed. I have a few child sponsorship packets in my hands, waiting to hand out to anyone who will take them. Consider it. I have experienced the difference it makes in the lives of these children. It is humbling and amazing. You can start right here: http://www.compassion.com/
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment