A little over a year ago I published this post on my blog. I shared a piece of my heart with all of you in order to hold myself accountable, put my fears aside and act on my desire. In just two days I will board a plane and make my way down to the Dominican Republic. There are some very strong emotions for me that go along with taking a trip like this. First of all......the thought of leaving my kids for those 6 days brings me to tears every time I think about it. They will be in great hands and in my heart I know they will do great, but it still hurts this mama's heart. This is the reason I have put off a trip like this for so long. I don't have to go now, I can wait until the kids are old enough to travel with us, etc. But you know what....I CAN go now, and I can go again when they are old enough to join me. Here I am, Lord send me. Once I get passed the anxiety of leaving my kids for those 6 days I get to the thoughts of what I will experience in the country. We are traveling with Compassion International, which is the organization with which we have our 4 sponsor children. We will be visiting several child developement centers that are run by Compassion International and will interact with the children that are at these centers, we will visit one of their Child Survival Progam houses where mothers are taught to care for their newborn babies and we will have the opportunity to visit some families in their homes in small villages where we will learn what it is like living in 3rd world poverty. And then on Sunday I get to spend the entire day playing on the beach, swimming and enjoying one of our sponsor kids, Marianyelis. She, along with many other sponsor children, will be brought to our resort to spend the day with us. Oh how I cannot wait to give that sweet girl a big hug!! And with any luck we will be able to Skype with my family back home so they, too, can "meet" Marianyelis. God is so good!
I am blessed to be traveling with my dad, which only makes this trip even more exciting! I am so anxious to share this experience with him and am so grateful he decided to join me! I will ask that you keep us in your prayers this week while we are traveling. If I have an opportunity to post on my blog while we are traveling I will certainly do so, but if not I will promise you there will be lots to share when I get home....right after I love on my sweet kiddos for a while! :O)
Thanks for your love and support!
With much love,
Kristen
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
God speed to both of you. Much love.
Have a safe but happy journey
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment