It has been quite a while since I have done an update on everyone all at once, so I decided it was time! Here is a little bit about what we've been up to. Enjoy!
As you know, the big event for Marina right now is starting first grade. She is 3 days into her new school year and again….loves it! Her teacher is very sweet and we have heard many great things about her. Marina does not have anyone from her kindergarten class in her first grade class, so we’ll see how long it takes her to create some friendships. I’m not worried…she can meet people easily. In just a couple of weeks Marina will start her ballet lessons again. She is excited and the suspense of not knowing what color leotard she will get to wear this year is nearly bringing her down! Luckily, we get to find out at the open house on Sunday! She is also going to try gymnastics this year. After a visit to the gym to see all of the fun equipment, she can’t wait! I think she will do very well and really like it! She has also been asking about starting horseback riding lessons, but I think we’ll hold off until we see how she’s doing with the other activities. She is growing up incredibly fast and it’s exciting yet sad at the same time. She is loving her littlest brother right now and can’t seem to get enough of him. She is always playing with him and loving on him. It’s very sweet! Xavier just adores her! She is still very much into princesses and fairies, pink, purple and sparkles! A true girly girl at heart with just a bit of tom boy mixed in to create a perfect balance! God…..your work is incredibly impressive! :O)
Alexander is just chompin’ at the bit wanting to go back to preschool now that Marina is back at school. He has to wait until August 24th, which will come soon enough! He is excited to go to preschool 3 days a week this year. His best little bud from preschool last year will not be going there this year, so I think Alexander will be a little sad about that. He will start playing soccer in a few weeks and is so excited. Honestly, I’m excited, too. I think he’ll do well, as long as he can stay focused on the game! He seems to be quite athletic and quick, so we’ll see where that gets him. He is still growing, and we expect that he’ll catch up to and pass Marina if she doesn’t get growing! They are now wearing the same size shoes. Alexander gets praise nearly every week from his Sunday School teacher about his behavior and helpfulness in class. He is a great helper, and I’m just glad he obviously demonstrates his best behavior at Sunday School instead of at home! :O)
Xavier is growing and changing so, so much! He has quite an impressive vocabulary now and it’s so fun to hear him say new words everyday. He is completely busy 100% of the time that he is awake. He keeps me on my toes! I have enrolled him in a Kindermusik program this fall, so we will start that in early September. He loves music, dancing, playing outside, swimming, blowing bubbles, trains, cars, wagon rides and hugs. He is a great eater and is loving peach season in Georgia! He is full of hugs, kisses and smiles and can melt my heart in an absolute instant. His cheeks are undeniably the most kissable part on his body and the deep belly laugh that comes with munching his cheeks is music to my soul.
I am busy. That’s it in a nutshell. Soon, I will be driving Alexander to preschool M-W-F’s, have ballet on Tuesdays, gymnastics on Wednesdays, Kindermusik on Fridays, soccer on either Mondays or Thursdays and Saturdays. I am the Membership Committee Chair for the PTO for Marina’s school and am going to help out the steering committee for the MOPS groups this year. I love my life!
Mike is just as busy as I am, however, in a different sense. His workdays are long, but he is incredibly thankful to have a job to go to. Times are tough all over the place, and especially in the automotive world. He is such a hard worker and I am proud of him and his tenacity. He manages work and home wonderfully and the kids adore their daddy! Mike also recently joined the church council. He hasn’t played nearly enough golf this year and hopes to change that this fall. He will soon be busy rebuilding the deck on our house which will be a great outlet for him!
We are looking forward to some visitors in September and October. There’s always room for more, so please plan a trip to see us! We’d love to have you!
With love,
The Froehlich five
Friday, August 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment