I took Xavier to the pediatrician this morning for his 1 year check-up. He did really well and because he is still recovering from having the stomach virus, they opted to wait on his immunizations until he feels completely better. So good news for today, but bad news for next week when I have to take him back for some shots. (I hate that part of being a mom....all I ever really want to do is cry with him!)
Anyway, he currently weighs 24 lbs. 10 oz. (70th percentile), is 29 3/4" long (50th percentile) and his head circumference is 48cm (90th percentile.) They are thrilled with his progress and surprised at some of the things he is doing already, including walking! :O) They have no concerns about him, neither medically nor developmentally.
It has been really neat to see him progress developmentally since coming home. He is growing and changing so much daily (it seems!) and it's just awesome to see. He started walking just after Thanksgiving....when he just barely hit 10 months old. He is saying a few words, but doesn't show much interest in even some very basic sign language. He is eating really well, and pretty much anything....formula, baby food, table food, etc. Once his digestive system recovers from the stomach virus we will gradually move him off of formula and onto milk, as well as moving away from baby foods and more to table foods.
Hope all is well with everyone! Thanks for checking in on us!
Love,
The Froehlich family
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the great news! I recently posted a picture of Xavier (from Thanksgiving) on facebook and one of my friends commented: "...I don't know this little guy but he just stole my heart!" I thought this was a very sweet thing to say that I wanted to share with you. - Vicki
Post a Comment