I took Xavier back to the doctor this morning and he is finally making some progress towards getting better! He is still wheezing and coughing, but his breathing has slowed down quite a bit and his oxygen level was at 99% today. He does have some redness in one of his ears, and the doctor is concerned about that since he has been on a good antibiotic for 5 days. So, he added one more medication today to try to clear up his left ear. He is not quite so fussy today and we saw lots of smiles and giggles today, so I think he may finally be feeling better! He also had a great night last night......the first night that he's slept in his crib all night long since he's been home! He only woke up once last night (and thanks to the Nyquil that I had taken I never even heard him on the monitor so Mike got up with him) around midnight and then he slept until 7:30am. That also means that I slept in my bed for the entire night for the first time since bringing Xavier home! Woohoo!!
I am not feeling much better yet but hopeful that tomorrow will be a better day! And Marina came home from school today not feeling well so I'm guessing she may be out of commission for a day or two. And honestly, if she is going to get sick I'd really like for it to be now and not a few days from now since she has her birthday party on Sunday that she's so looking forward to! She was sick on her birthday last year (at Walt Disney World) and surely hasn't forgotten about it! Prayers for her would be much appreciated!
Alexander and Mike seem to be dodging whatever kind of germs are floating around in our house so far, and I really, really hope that continues! We've never had an illness go through our entire family before, so I know we're really overdue!
Thanks for checking in on us today!
Love,
Kristen
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Glad to hear the little guy is on the mend. Take care of yourself Mom and may all of you be healthy for the holidays!
Post a Comment