Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brrrrrr....

Today has been a very fun day! We woke up this morning to our very first snow of the year, and the kids were SO excited! The very first thing Marina told me at 7:30 this morning is that she wanted to put on her snow pants and boots and go out and play! That’s my girl!!! I let them play in the snow at the back door for a few minutes before getting ready for a big day at preschool.

Alexander's first Michigan snow fall!!!


Today was Marina’s “special day” at preschool. Today was her day to bring in a snack, a show-and-tell item and be the “leader” in her class, and boy was she excited!!! She wanted me to make kitty cookies for all of her friends, and that’s just what I did! And she chose to take in her Ariel Mermaid doll for show-and-tell. Too cute! She also wanted to wear her pumpkin dress that she’s been so anxious to! Mike and I and Alexander spent our morning at school, watching her enjoy every minute of her special day. The kids loved the cookies and Marina did a great job as the “leader” for the day! She made me one proud Mommy today!

Marina wanted a picture with her kitty cookies and Ariel doll before heading off to school this morning!

This picture is kind of dark, but it's a picture of Marina doing the calendar song with her class....part of being the "leader" for the day!!!


When we got home after school I let the kids run around in the snow for a little bit before bringing them in for Alexander’s nap. They had so much fun! It makes me really anxious for winter and more snow! It’s pure joy to see such delight in their little faces!

Tomorrow will be another big day of celebration for our family. Our little Alexander will be two years old tomorrow! I will be sure to post pictures of his birthday tomorrow and maybe even some from his big party on Saturday!

Wishing all of you warmth on this chilly Michigan day!
Love,
Mike, Kristen, Marina and Alexander

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sweet boy. I wish we could be there. We send lots of love to all of you.