Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Kittens for sale....

This past weekend was absolutely FUN for our family. On Saturday we spent the day with my entire family, plus my Grandma and Aunt. On Sunday we spent the day with Mike’s family and extended family. And I have to say…..we are just feeling very blessed today!

First, I thought I would share a picture and a story about how our Saturday morning started……. I let the dogs out first thing Saturday morning and Cabella managed to rustle a little white and black kitten out of our front garden. After finally getting Cabella to back off and get into the house, I went back out to make sure the kitten was okay (which I was pretty confident of, because it certainly held it’s ground against an 85 pound dog!!!) I found it out in one of my other gardens and it came right up to me purring and rubbing against my leg. This was one sweet kitten! So I left it alone and went back into the house. A few minutes later, I hear a tiny little meow from somewhere near the back deck. I assumed that the little white kitten had made its way to the back of the house, but what I found instead was an even tinier little gray kitten! Oh my! These 2 are adorable! They quickly found each other and became best friends! Well, shortly after, Marina wakes up and comes downstairs to find these two little critters on our deck! She LOVES cats and was 100% completely in love with these two kittens immediately! She played with them (while still in her pj’s!!!) for over 2 hours before I could get her back into the house to go potty, have anything to eat or to change her clothes. They stuck around all day and on Sunday morning I looked out on the deck to find the tiny gray kitten curled up next to one of the kids toys. Sure enough, I went out and the white kitty comes running up on the deck. So, by now, all of us are outside and I notice a gray kitty sitting on the landscape blocks…but it’s not the gray kitty we saw originally. Nope, this was a 3rd cat, and shortly thereafter we see 2 more gray kittens, and then a black one. Yes….SIX kittens roaming around our deck! Yikes!!!!! We are not sure where they came from. Marina would looooooove for them to live with us, but her daddy isn’t so excited about it! :O) When we came home from Niles Sunday night, we found a gray kitty and the black kitty under the deck, but no trace of the other ones and I haven’t seen the rest of them since. Last night I took a can of tuna fish out and a dog crate and lured the gray and black kittens into their temporary home. They spent the night in our laundry room and are now roaming aroundlike they own the place! Marina, of course, has spent every possible minute in there playing with them. They are becoming much more comfortable with people. So, we now have a "Free kittens" sign in our front yard and if no one takes them home, then I will probably be making a trip to the Humane Society in the morning. I would SO much rather not take them there, but Mike is REALLY not open-minded to having a cat or two around here!
Marina with the tiny gray kitten that we found on Saturday.

As I mentioned, on Saturday we had the rare opportunity to have my family all together….my parents, my sister, brother-in-law and niece (who live in Iowa) and the 4 of us. My aunt and grandma were here as well. We just had a fun day playing with the kids and the weather was so nice that we spent a good portion of the day outside. It was just a fun, relaxing day spent together and a good opportunity for the kids to get so spend some time together. This was also the very first time my sister got to meet her new little nephew! :O)

And on Sunday, we went down to Mike’s parents house to spend the day in the pool. We thought that it was just going to be our family and Mike’s parents, but found out shortly after arriving that Uncle Mark and Kelly were coming along with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins! The weather, again, was absolutely perfect and we spent the entire day in the pool. Marina and Alexander could not get enough of the water and those two little fish impressed all of us with their swimming! With swimmies on their arms, both of them were motoring around the pool! They both also tackled the water slide and the diving board! Funny how just 2 days prior Mike and I were discussing the probability of putting in a pool for the kids at our house! :O) It was such a great day!!!
Marina jumping off the diving board at Grandma and Grandpa's house!

So, again....a huge thank you to our families for allowing us to enjoy our weekend so much! We are going camping again this weekend, so I'm sure I'll have more stories to tell on Monday! Wishing all of you a great week!

Oh, and feel free to continue posting comments on the blog if you'd like. We still check the site often and would love to hear from all of you!!!

Hugs,
Mike, Kristen, Marina, Alexander, Beaumont, Cabella and two kittens :O)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Kristen,
Love reading your posts! So, what happened with the kittens? Looks like Marina is really enjoying having them around. ;)

I am so impressed with that photo of Marina jumping off the diving board. WOW!!

Have a great weekend camping! :)

Wendy