My camera is safely tucked away for now so I don't have any pictures to post on here, but the moving trucks arrived yesterday morning at 7:55am and there were 4 busy men working in our house all day. They got an amazing amount of stuff packed yesterday and both Mike and I are doubtful that it will take them until Wednesday to finish up...but we could be wrong! They were back again this morning at 8:30 ready to work! The kids have been awesome and just rolling right along with having to stay out of the movers' way and watching their toys and bedrooms be boxed up. I think it will be exciting for them to be reuninted with all of their stuff in Michigan! We will begin staying in a hotel tonight until we leave on Wednesday. Marina and Alexander will continue going to school as usual, and Xavier and I will hang out here at the house with the movers during the day. Mike will have his last 2 days of work in Athens on Monday and Tuesday and then will be here at the house with me on Wednesday when they come to pick up the Jeep and Mustang. We will all leave together on Wednesday afternoon after the movers are done (or the kids are home from school!) and drive as far as we decide we want to. We will finish up the drive to Michigan on Thursday and have closing set for 11:00am on Friday.
Marina is starting to handle the move much better than at first. She is getting excited about the move, the new school, new ballet studio, new riding academy, etc. She had a sleepover on Friday night with 5 of her good friends from school. They had a great time together and I think it was really good for her to have that closure. The boys are just taking everything in stride and really don't seem to be affected one way or the other. As usual, I am having the hardest time with it. I love change and it excites me, but I hate goodbyes and have met some great friends here that I will really miss!
I'm not sure how much more updating I'll do along the way but hope to be back with some pictures of the new house soon after we move in. Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes on this new journey! We are so looking forward to seeing many of you soon!
Much love,
Kristen
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Kristen,
Good byes are never easy you know that. But you also know that staying it touch is so easy now. Be thankful of the time you had there and of the friends you met, your friendship circle has just gotten bigger since you lived there. BUT...I have to say...hurry home...we're missin' you Froehlich's!!! See you this weekend hopefully!
XOXO
Amy
Post a Comment