Monday, May 10, 2010

A busy, but great weekend!

Hi there!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth???  I know, I've been horrible about keeping my blog up to date, but in my defense we've been busy and the school year is coming to an end, which always keeps me surprisingly busy!  So, I'm here to get caught up! 

We had a great weekend!  It was busy, but a lot of fun!  For me, it started early Saturday morning when I ran my first 5K.  The weather was perfect and although the course was somewhat boring, it was a nice run.  Since it was my first race, the only goal I set for myself was to run the entire 5K, which I was successful in doing.  Now that I have a time to beat, I can set a new goal for myself next time!

Saturday afternoon was Marina's ballet recital.  I am really sad since, for whatever reason, the 2 pictures below are the only ones my camera will download to my computer.  The other pictures will not transfer.  So, you'll just have to trust me when I tell you that she was beautiful and danced like a true ballerina!  She did a great job and her hard work all year definitely paid off!  We are very proud of her! 
On Sunday I enjoyed a fantastic Mother's Day with my family!  After church we went to the zoo in Atlanta, and again the weather was perfect and my company was awesome!  We all had a great time and enjoyed a nice dinner on our way home.  I am so incredibly blessed to be mama to my 3 amazing kids!  I hope all of you mom's had a wonderful day as well! 

This week is Alexander's last week of preschool.  He has his class party on Wednesday and his spring program on Friday and then he will officially be a kindergartener!  Wow.....where has the time gone??  He is very excited to start kindergarten, and I feel like he is completely ready, so I am really excited for him, but just a touch sad that he is growing up way too quickly!  I can't wait to see what the next school year has in store for him!  He also has just 3 soccer games left for the season.  He has loved playing soccer again this time and has become the star of his team!  Last Thursday he scored all 5 goals for his team!  He puts his heart and soul into that game when he plays and it's awesome to see! 

Marina has just 2 weeks left of her 1st grade school year!  I sometimes catch myself still thinking she's in kindergarten when she is nearly a 2nd grader!  I thought the toddler/preschool years fly by, but I'm almost thinking now that once they get in school the time flies much quicker even!  She has just 2 more ballet classes to finish out her year before taking a break over the summer.  She will continue with horseback riding lessons and shows through the summer and on for the rest of the year.  It's awesome to see these kids excel at the activities that they enjoy so much!  I love being a mom! 

We are all looking forward to a busy, fun-filled summer.  Our first road trip of the summer will lead us to Nashville over Memorial Day weekend to meet with 5 of the amazing families we met while in Russia picking up Alexander!  This will be the first official reunion of our group and it is sure to be a weekend filled with lots of reminiscing, laughter and friendship!  We can't wait! 

That's about it for now!
Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

Pat said...

Marina, you are a beautiful and talented Ballerina. Alexander, awesome job in soccer. We miss all of you and can't wait for bacation.

Design A-Peele said...

looks like it was a great weekend! so glad your 5k went well:) great job! I think now that we've started the process of adoption, we should get together!