Thursday, July 16, 2009

Prayer warrior...

I have the honor and privelege of being a prayer warrior through our adoption agency. What this means is that I receive e-mails from the headquarter office with descriptions and pictures of children waiting for their forever families. Many of these children have special needs, some do not. They are from all different countries and are all different ages. My job is to pray. Pray for these precious children to find their forever families. And it is an honor to do so. I cannot post any pictures or information on my blog about these beautiful children, but I can share their information with anyone who might consider bringing one of these children into their own family. Could that be you? Your family member? Your friend? Your neighbor? Your children's teacher? Your pastor? Adoption is not for everyone. Really, it's not. I wish it was because it has done such awesome, amazing things in my life. But if you or someone you know has been thinking and praying about it, look into it. There are millions of children out there who need us. I once saw a statistic that 34% of chrisitan families have considered adoption, yet only 1% of us actually have. Please use me as a reference for anyone considering adoption. Do you or they need someone to talk to who has walked the road before them? Give them my name, phone number, e-mail, anything. Because those orphans.......they need us. And truthfully, we need them. And if nothing else, please keep them in your prayers. God does amazing things!

Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

Craig, Brigitte, Thomas, and Isaac said...

I happily join your prayer quest for those precious children! We have been so blessed with Thomas, Marina, Alexander, and Xavier! While I rejoice in our blessings, I am heartbroken for those still waiting for a family, a mom and dad- truly heartbroken. How easily it could be our babies. We have to be the voice for those beautiful children. I hope your blog reaches out to the hearts of many.