Monday, March 02, 2009

The great, white weekend!

Well, as I type this A and B are probably getting ready to board their plane back to Michigan. It was such a great weekend with them and I miss them already! We ate a lot, talked a lot, laughed a lot and shopped (a little!) It was great! This is a picture of us just before we left for Atlanta on Saturday.
On Sunday we ventured out to church in the rain, and just a few minutes before arriving at church we noticed the rain turning into sleet......then snow! We didn't think it would stick around long or that we'd get too much, but boy were we wrong! It snowed ALL day long, and we ended up getting 6-7 inches of snow at our house. They were the biggest, fluffiest snowflakes I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of snow!) It was absolutely beautiful! Of course, they are not equipped to handle this kind of snow in Georgia, so it ended up getting pretty messy out there on the roads. And by 4:00 yesterday afternoon we already knew that school would be closed today. The kids had a lot of fun playing out in the snow, and I can honestly say that we are one of very few that have a shoveled driveway in our subdivision!!! :O) Mike even waited a while to head into work this morning since many of the roads were blocked off or closed. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful snow...After church on Sunday we headed into town to attend the opening reception for the art show in which Marina's picture was chosen to be included. However, when we got there there was a note on the door telling us that due to the weather, the reception has been rescheduled for the end of the month. But, they did let us go in and sneak a peek at Marina's entry. Here it is!
Overall it was a great, great weekend! I felt bad that we ended up getting snowed in while A and B were here, since they were looking forward to a break from the cold and snow, but we still had a great time! Thanks, girls, for visiting. Come back again soon!
I hope y'all have a great week!
Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, thank you guys for having us there! We had a great time and it was SO great to see your new home. It did my heart good to see you all with my own two eyes. It was a great weekend, full of fun, laughter and SNOW!
Miss you already!
Love,
Amy