Saturday, February 28, 2009

Congratulations, Dad!!!

Today is a huge milestone in my dad's life. A few weeks ago I posted about his upcoming retirement. Today is that day for him. Completely fitting for his career, he is spending the first part of his last day of work on a plane flying home from Asia. He spent much of his career in Asia (and other parts of the world!) so it is neat that this is how he will end his career.

Dad, I am thinking of you today and my heart is smiling, knowing that you are going to greatly enjoy this next phase of your life. Congratulations on 36 years of hard work and dedication to both your career and your family. We love you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Much love,
Mike, Kristen, Marina, Alexander and Xavier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristen. I arrived home safely and have now started into my new "To Do" list. It's entirely different than my former daily-updated list and I'm hopeful that this one will not have quite so much "pressure" associated with it! At least the pressure on this one will be either self-imposed or from my new "boss".

We also look forward to seeing you soon. I think I'm going to feel like I'm on an extended vacation for a while and visits with family fit right in with that theme!

Love, Dad