I hope everyone enjoyed your Thanksgiving. We had a great holiday this year and are so happy that we had some of my family here to celebrate with us! Thanks so much, D and P and E and V, for traveling to Georgia to spend the long weekend with us. We all enjoyed it....a lot!
My prayer request if for Xavier. He seemed to have a mild cold that began last weekend, with a runny nose being about his only symptom. Well, he went downhill very quickly on Thanksgiving day. He got very congested and his fever spiked to 104.5. We took him to our pediatrician on Friday and after lots of tests, he determined that (without sending us to the hospital for a chest x-ray) he thinks Xavier has pneumonia. His breathing is very labored and he is wheezing, which is a big concern, of course. After a breathing treatment, he sent us home with a prescription for an antibiotic and a 50% chance of admitting Xavier into the hospital over the weekend. He encouraged us to have a follow-up visit with the on-call pediatrician this morning, which we did. The appointment went okay, but this pediatrician thinks that Xavier has RSV. He sent us with a nebulizer (so we can do breathing treatments at home), a steroid to help with the inflammation in Xavier's lungs and another 50% chance of getting admitted into the hospital. Well, if you know me than you know that I am fighting with everything I have for the 50% chance of keeping Xavier OUT of the hospital! He was worse today than yesterday, but after a few breathing treatments this afternoon/evening and a few doses of medicines I think I am confident in saying that he may be doing a bit better. He is not sleeping well....at all....so the nights are rough. And of course that is always when his fever spikes and his symptoms are the worst. So, I really feel like if we make it through the night okay we may get through this without a trip to the hospital. I am praying that is the case, anyway. So we are stuck in the house for the next few days until he's feeling better and is no longer contagious (if it is in fact RSV instead of pneumonia.) Our Christmas tree will just have to wait until next weekend! :O)
Again, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I'll keep everyone updated on Xavier's progress in the next day or two. Thanks for those prayers!
Love,
Kristen
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thank you to all of you for the wonderful trip. We had such an amazing time. We are praying Xavier gets better soon. We so enjoyed our time with all of you. Love to all. Kisses to my honey buns.
We will definitely be praying for the little guy as well as for all of you that you stay well!
Kathy Y.
Prayers and love to you all.
matt and amie vanamberg
Post a Comment