Sunday, November 16, 2008

Home a week...

Well, we survived our first week home!! Actually, it was really a piece of cake. We are all feeling a little more settled into our routines and feeling really good about the progress we've made in just a week! I thought I would post a few pictures of our week, along with an update on us:

Both Marina and Alexander were happy to get back to school. Marina really missed her friends and her classroom and Alexander couldn't wait to show all of his preschool friends "his baby." They got right back into the swing of things with no problem and have been going strong since we arrived home last Sunday.
Xavier is doing really, really well. Amazingly enough, we have all fallen even deeper in love with this little being and feel so incredibly blessed to have him in our family. His adjustment is going well. He does very well with both Mike and I, and loves to watch his big sister and brother play. He even gets in on the action every once in a while! He is starting to show more interest in the pets, as well....especially our female dog and our cat. They are both amazingly tolerant of him and seem to know just the right time to get away! He is taking a good nap in the afternoon, usually about 3-4 hours. And his nights are getting better, although we still have a long way to go! He sleeps in his crib for the first 3-4 hours at night but will not go back to sleep in his crib after that, so Mike and I have made a makeshift bed on the floor of his room and sleep with him there when necessary. He still seems to be grieving at night a bit as well, so we are making sure that we do everything possible to make him feel loved, comfortable, safe and secure. He is a good eater, although we've been trying to keep his diet somewhat bland to give his digestive system a bit of time to adjust. So far, so good! He does, however, fall asleep at the dinner table nearly every night. I guess he still has some time zone adjustment happening! It's too darn cute, though!

Mike went back to work on Thursday, so I only had 2 days alone this week. It was a tough 2 days, but a lot of fun! We pretty much stuck close to home, except to take Alexander to and from preschool. I will venture out with Xavier a little bit more this week, but we'll see how well he does before I get too adventurous. He has his first appointment with his pediatrician tomorrow morning and we are anxious to hear what he has to say. We have absolutely no reason to believe that he will have any concerns.

On Friday night we had a family movie night and Mike and the kids roasted marshmallows in the fireplace. The movie of choice was Monsters, Inc. It was a lot of fun and the kids slept in their sleeping bags on the couches that night, too.

We took Xavier to church this morning and he did very well. Everyone there was very excited to see him and truthfully it was fun showing him off to them! We are going to have him baptized next Sunday, and Mike's brother and sister-in-law (who will be his sponsors/God parents), along with both sets of parents will fly down for the big event and we are so excited to have everyone here!

We seem to have quite a busy week brewing! The kids are very excited for my birthday on Tuesday and Marina has already put in her idea for my birthday cake. I'm sure Mike is thrilled about that! :O) Marina has some fun stuff planned at school that involves the parents, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with her. I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just too darn cute!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy to hear things are going well. I kept asking Amy all week if she had heard from you. We will continue to pray for you during this adjustment period (especially the nights, I'm sure they are sometime very long!). We can't wait to see the little guy in person! Take care.

Kathy Y.

Wendy said...

Awesome update! Sounds like things are going well. :) Have a happy birthday! Hey, it's snowing up here. ;)