It isn't very often that I get to start my Monday morning off with great news....but today happens to be one of those days! We have finally received our US Immigration paperwork for Xavier! This paperwork states that we have been approved to bring Xavier into the US. And....we also received Ministry approval in South Korea! It should take about a week from our Immigration approval date for the National Visa Center (NVC) in Korea to receive their end of the paperwork. And since we also have Ministry approval now, they will go ahead and schedule a visa appointment for Xavier and begin the process to get him home. He could travel in 2-4 weeks!!! I (God willing!) will be holding my son in just weeks!! Not months, but weeks!! Oh, this is exciting!!!!! We could still really use your prayers as we work our way through the last part of this process and appreciate every single prayer that has been said for us thus far! Thank you!!
This news comes off of a very fun past week for our family. We had the joy of hosting our very first guests in our new home! My parents came down for the week and it was so nice having them here. It was a nice, relaxing week and a lot of fun to show them the area we are living in, including the kids' schools. They also got to see Marina's first soccer game, and her very first goal! :O) Thank you, Grandpa and Grandma M. for a great week! We hope you'll come back again soon!
On Wednesday we get to pick up our next visitors from the airport. Mike's parents will be here for almost 2 weeks to visit and stay with the kids while Mike and I celebrate our 10th anniversary on Hilton Head Island next week. We are excited for their visit as well!! What a great month this has been!!
Well, I guarantee you will hear from me when we get that much anticipated travel call! For those of you who have asked, we are having Xavier escorted to the US, and will pick him up in Chicago when his flight arrives. Anyone who has an interest in joining us at the airport is absolutely welcome to do so! We would love to see many of you there...as long as you won't mind seeing me melt into a puddle when I see my sweet little Xavier's face and hold him for the very first time!!! :O) I'll post more information when we get it!
Thanks again for your prayers! Wishing all of you a wonderful week!
Love, Kristen
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Kristen and Mike -
I have been keeping track of your moving odyssey, your adjustments to your new home, and all the updates of the kids via your wonderful blog! Joel and I could not be happier for you, both with how everything is turning out for you in Georgia, and about the imminent arrival of Xavier. We can't wait to hear that he has arrived!
Love, Dana
Thanks be to God for the wonderful news. God is great. Can't wait to meet him. Love to you all and congratulations.
Kristen and Mike-
What wonderful news! We are so excited for you. Keep us posted and enjoy your vacation, soon you will be a very busy mother of THREE! We hope to maybe get to visit later this fall if your up to more company. I know the kids have all grown so much since we last got together, and we can't wait to meet Xavier!
Talk to you soon.
Craig and Brigitte
My heart skipped a beat when I read this. SOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!! :) Oh, I would just love to see you melt into a puddle with the joy of seeing your sweet babe.
Hey, have you met any adoptive families down there?
Post a Comment