Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Grab a kleenex...

I've never done this before, but feel compelled to share this with you. I don't know if this touched me so deeply because we've been in this siutation twice before but in a different country, because we are currently waiting for our blessing from Korea or a combination of both. But, for those of you who have been with us since the beginning of my blogging days and who "traveled" with us in Russia, you will remember me commenting on how emotionally torn I felt the day Alexander left the orphanage. It's hard to describe. I KNOW he will have a much better life here, but still we were taking him away from everything he's ever known. It was very hard on me and made me very sad. But, at the very same time I was bursting with excitement that I was holding my new son.....forever!!! Again, hard to explain.

Anyway, this is a YouTube video of a couple that is picking up their new son in Korea. They do an excellent job of conveying the strong feelings that surface in this situation. I have felt this very same thing. This is definitely real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Idj5J9n4Wg

1 comment:

Craig, Brigitte, Thomas, and Isaac said...

Okay, there's no grabbing a kleenex- you meant to say grab a box! This was great, it absolutely reminded me of being in Russia and all the emotions. And, I am so excited for you to get your newest addition to your family!God Bless and thanks for sharing.
Brigitte