On Friday, Marina had her special day at preschool. As always, she couldn't wait! She decided that she wanted to take snowmen cookies and hot chocolate for her snack. Fun! So, we made the snowmen cookies while Alexander napped Thursday afternoon and she was so excited when they were done! Friday just couldn't come soon enough!
She had so much fun on her day at preschool. She even got to wear a dress since it was too cold for them to play outside! Another special "treat" for her! They played games, did circle time, learned about some animals, did crafts, had their snack and Marina did her show-and-tell. She loves being the star for the day!
Marina passing out animal cards to her friends so they could play a game
Counting the days on the calendar
Sharing her show-and-tell...her kitty kennel and 5 kittensOn Friday night, we decided to surprise the kids with a January camping trip! Yep, we all camped out right in our family room Friday night! We put up our smallest tent, roasted hot dogs over the fire for dinner and toasted marshmallows for dessert! It was a blast! The kids were so excited about it and it really was a great time. My body didn't necessarily agree with that Saturday morning as I woke up....achy from sleeping on the floor, but it was still fun! (Did I just admit to everyone that I'm getting old???!)
Marina ready for the camp-out with her sleeping bag!
Cookin' dinner over the "camp fire!"
All snuggled in and ready for bed!On Saturday afternoon we took the kids to the movie theater for the first time and we all saw the new Veggie Tales movie, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." They both thought that was pretty neat! I'm not sure if they enjoyed the movie or the popcorn more! Oh, and before we went to the movie we took the kids to Target to pick out something with some of the money they'd received as a gift for Christmas. After our camp out on Friday night, Alexander chose a new Lightning McQueen sleeping bag since he didn't have one and had to use mine! Too cute!
This morning we went to church and now we're just enjoying a leisurely afternoon at home. I feel spoiled by our fun weekend. Maybe we should spend more weekends at home..... :O)
Love,
Kristen






3 comments:
Your weekend sounds terrific. You are such great parents. I so look forward to sharing in your lives with this blog. Marina had a wonderful special day and it is fun to see. Love to all.
I love reading about you and your great family adventures! Every day is filled with love. I am looking forward to more entries. Give those special children a hug from me. I would love to get together to catch up on old times!
I want to come live with you! You do all kinds of fun things! :)
Post a Comment