Monday, September 24, 2007

No, I haven't forgotten about our blog...

I know it has been a long time since my last post. Thanks to those of our loyal "fans" that keep checking for updates regularly! I have good intentions of getting better about keeping our blog updated. I'm still working on that.....

Well, Marina is all settled in at school and looks forward to going every day. She is thriving at school and her teachers always have a fun story to share with me. Apparently, they don't often experience kids with the same level of creative/pretend play as Marina! She surely keeps them amused! And I just smile because she does the very same thing at home ALL the time! She also likes her Sunday School class a lot. And of course, LOVES ballet class. She is so attentive and eager to learn! It's awesome to watch!

Alexander loves his Sunday School class this year. It took us most of the year to get him comfortable with it last year, and he never got to the point where he was excited about it. That all changed this year. From day one he has been thrilled about it and can't wait to get into that classroom! Yay, Alexander!!! He seems to be ready to get into that preschool class next year, too!

Marina has decided that she does want to be the flower girl in my cousin's wedding next month. We went dress shopping last weekend and she was in her glory! She could not contain her excitement and bounced through the store begging to try the beautiful dresses on. She did get to choose which one she wanted to wear, and to no surprise, she chose the one that most resembles a princess. It's absolutely beautiful, goes all the way down to her feet, sparkles, twirls and is big and puffy! She really wanted the long satin gloves to wear with it, so of course, those came home with us as well. Oh, and her beautiful new white shoes with sparkly buckles! Now, we just have to get her to walk down that aisle.........

Last Friday I had minor, outpatient surgery, so I am on the mend this week. The procedure went well and the recovery hasn't been too bad. I do get tired and sore after chasing two little monkey's around all day, but Mike is such a huge help in the evenings.

As hard as it is to believe, Alexander's birthday is coming up in just 3 weeks! He can't possibly be closing in on 3 years old already! He chose an Elmo theme for his party this year and is very excited about it! I guess I need to get serious about getting some birthday shopping done!

We don't have much new information about the upcoming adoption, except that we should have our fingerprinting appointment scheduled in the next few weeks. We have a few forms that we need to sign and return to our social worker and we received news that our homestudy is complete! Of course, we know our approval date is 8/14/07. The most recent news is that referrals are expected to take around 12 months and travel 3-4 months after referral. Right now, it looks like the kids will be 10-14 months old when they come home. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have our little one home by Christmas next year???!!!

So, that's our update for now. This weekend we are going to my parents house to help them get their house ready to be put on the market. They are planning to move very close to us and I am really excited about it. We pray that my grandmother will make the move with them, but that has not yet been determined. I'll keep praying.... :O)

I hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the last bit of summer we've been having!

Love,
The Froehlich's

1 comment:

The Phillips said...

Kristen-
Wow! You all have a lot going on! I'm trying to be consistent with our blog, too! Maybe we need a "blog accountability group"! Ha ha! =]
Brittany