Monday, February 19, 2007

One big, happy family!

This afternoon the kids and I were playing in the family room together when the kids decided to have a “parade.” They loaded up the strollers with their favorite stuffed animals and headed out to do laps and laps around the main level of the house. This is something they do quite often! Since they were playing so well together, I decided to tackle the task of cleaning out/reorganizing the pantry. A little while into my task I hear Marina telling Alexander that they need to take their animals to the orphanage. This, of course, caught my attention. I was curious as to what would come next, so I listened and watched. Marina and Alexander took their animals into the living room and laid them on the couch. Marina announced that they needed to get on the airplane and fly to the orphanage so they could pick up their “babies” (a.k.a Elmo and baby polar bear!) So, the two of them zoomed around the house with their arms spread wide, flying to the orphanage, where they would pick up their babies and take them home. Once they arrived at the “orphanage” they knocked on the door, went in, scooped up their “babies” and showered them with hugs and kisses! Then, they all flew home! Okay……I know that Marina understands a lot about her adoption and we talk to her about it often, but this was AWESOME!!! It was so neat to see the whole event take place from her perspective, and that she thought of all of this on her very own! Have I ever mentioned how incredibly blessed we are to have these two precious little ones???!!! Truly an awesome God!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Kristen,
LOVE this story!! Absolutely wonderful! :)
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How precious is that. I have noticed in listening to my niece play when I babysit that you can learn a lot about what is going on in their little heads through their pretend play. It takes all of have sometimes not to laugh or run up and hug her. She gets mad at me if I interrupt her and her imaginary friends "Addie" and "Shada" (I have no idea where the names came from, but they've been around off and on for a year now.) Thanks for sharing the story. How precious.

Kathy