Thursday, June 22, 2006

2 amazing years!

First of all, I need to apologize for the lack of pictures. I'm sure it's 99% my fault, but I am having a heck of a time getting the pictures posted on the blog. Therefore, written updates are all you get for now! Sorry! I will keep trying though, I promise!

Well, we've had some excitement around our house this week.....some good, some not-so-good! On Tuesday night Alexander and I made our first trip to the Emergency Room. Not even 6 weeks after coming home he has to go to the ER. Wow.....I was feeling really like a really bad mom! He and Marina were playing in the entryway of our house (along with the dogs) and Mike and I were in the living room watching. Well, neither of us are really sure what happened, but Alexander tripped and fell and landed right on the bottom trim of the stairs. He split his chin open. After contemplating whether or not to take him in, we decided to take him next door to our Physician's Assistant neighbor and she recommended we take him in just to be safe. So, at 8:00pm we trudged into the ER and by 9:30pm we were home. He did not need any stitches (thank goodness!) and they decided against Dermabond, so they sent me home with instructions on evaluating/treating a concussion and told me to put Neosporin on his cut. Then, the VERY next day we were at the playground with a couple friends and I just finished telling them about my previous night when Alexander walks up, trips (on who knows what!) and falls right into the corner of a resin park bench! He hit right on his cheek and immediately he had a large bump and immediate bruising. My heart SANK! He recovered fine, but now has a nice big, ugly bruise on his cheek to complement the cut on his chin. Whew! The nurse in the ER wasn't kidding when she said they really get to know parents of little boys! He is a walking accident and if I could dress him in a padded suit, I think I would! Geesh!

On a more positive note....we celebrated Marina's 2nd adoption day today! Oh how blessed we were as we stood in front of the Judge in Krasnoyarsk 2 years ago and were declared parents of this amazing little girl! Like I've said before....part of me can't believe it's been 2 years already when the other part of me feels like she's been here forever! We thank God every day for blessing us with Marina! Mike took the day off work today so we could spend the day in Grand Rapids. We visited the Bethany headquarter office, out to lunch and then went to the Build-A-Bear Workshop so Marina could pick out a new friend. She loved it!!! Then we shopped a little bit, rode the carousel and played in the children's play area. Then it was back to Marshall for dance class, out to dinner and then out for ice cream. Marina had a smile on her face ALL day long and can't stop talking about her new kitty! She had a great day and that's all that matters! :O)

That's about all that's going on with us right now. We are looking forward to a great (and busy, busy!!!) summer!

Love,
The Froehlich Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I went with my sister on the day of my nephew's first birthday to get his first stitches in his forehead. She couldn't stand to hear him cry so I was there when they did it. He recovered quite quickly but it stuck with me for quite a while!! I guess it comes with the territory and it sounds like you are handling it quite well! I think you'll be o.k.!!!!! GOOD MOMMY!!!!

Kathy Y.