Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A clean sweep

Marina had another horse show this past weekend and wowed us with her riding!  She finished the event with a clean sweep....a 1st place blue ribbon in all 3 of her classes, which led to her winning the Grand Champion ribbon and prize!  Way to go, sweet girl!  She rode very well, especially considering that her horse, Chico, didn't make it totally easy for her.  He got a bit sassy a few times, but she quickly put him in his place, handled him well and didn't get frustrated with him.  Here are some pictures of her great day!

Before the show...
...during the show...
...and after the show, receiving one of her 1st place ribbons!
And here she is with the proof of her hard work! 
The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the great company of my dear friend, Amy, from Michigan.  She flew down on Friday to spend a long weekend with us and it was so wonderful having her here!  Thanks for enduring the hot Georgia weather for us, A!  This week we have another friend and her boys coming down for a visit from Michigan.  The kids and I are looking forward to a fun day at the aquarium on Monday with our friends.  And next week will be filled with lots of packing as we prepare for our trip north and our week on the beach!  We can't wait!

2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Good job, Marina.

Anonymous said...

THANKS! For the fun this past weekend! I had a great time and the heat/humid weather was such a small bother compared to being able to spend time with the Froehlich 5! I am SO glad that I got to see Marina's show and I am SO glad I was able to see her win the ribbons! Thanks for all the fun and for all the laughs!!! I miss the all the kids and the extra noise, my house is so quiet!! XOXO
Amy