Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Riding lessons

Hi guys,

I thought I would take a minute to show you a quick video from Marina's riding lesson today. She is doing really well and seems to really enjoy riding. Her horse's name is Joe and he is very sweet, although a bit lazy sometimes! You will see Marina "posting" in this video, which is when she is moving up and down in the saddle along with Joe's trot, and also she will go into the "2 point position" just before she takes Joe over the pole. This is the position she will be in when she begins jumping in a couple of months.

Although she has only been taking lessons for 6 weeks her instructor feels she is ready to begin showing, so Marina will attend her first horse show in 2 weeks! The show will be held at the Georgia International Horse Park, which is the facility that was built to house the equestrian events during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta! I'm so proud of her and her accomplishments with Joe so far!

So, on Saturday Marina and I have a mommy/daughter day planned. We will visit the local tack shop to purchase the riding gear that she will need for the show!

Also, I want to congratulate my cousin and his wife on the birth of their baby girl today! She is beautiful and I know my cousin (who is on his way home from Afghanistan right now for his 2 week leave!) can't wait to meet her! Congratulations, guys!

Love, Kristen

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

Good riding Marina. Very impressive to be in a horse show. Good job.