Today I celebrate my 34th birthday. I know....I'm getting OLD! But it's on days like today that I realize something really neat about my kids. THEIR excitement. Alexander woke up this morning and immediately began dancing around and wishing me a happy birthday over and over and over.....with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. And when I picked him up from preschool, his teacher wished me a happy birthday....because Alexander was so excited about it he told her it was my special day! After lunch I checked my e-mail and found an e-mail from Marina's teacher, wishing me a happy birthday....because Marina was so excited about it she told her it was my special day! I find this really sweet because they get so much joy out of celebrating me. There really isn't anything "in it" for them today, except to celebrate me and give me their gifts. I love that! And I so love them!
So after gymnastics tonight we will meet Mike for dinner where I will enjoy some great Mexican food and a margarita (or two!) and then we'll race home in anticipation of opening the uniquely wrapped gifts and homemade birthday cards that are waiting for me in the dining room. And I wouldn't want to celebrate my birthday any other way!
Love,
Kristen
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Their excitement is not only special, but well deserved. You are certainly excelling in what's important in life! We enjoy watching it happen and participating when we can.
Love,
Dad
Kristen,
Happy Birthday! This IS a special day...a day we all can celebrate you and the day that you came into the world to make all of our worlds a little brighter...we are all lucky to have you in our lives. Thanks for the great time this past weekend...I am glad that I was able to celebrate your birthday a little early while I was visiting. Have a great night with the family, hug them all for me.
With Love,
Amy
What a special day for everyone. Enjoy every moment. Love to you all
Oh my goodness!! you're HOW old?
Happy Birthday special friend.
Hey Kristen, it's Lindsey from MOPS. I didn't know it was your birthday today! You deserved all of us mommies singing to you- though it sounds like your sweet family gave you a pretty special day. Hope it was wonderful! Lindsey <><
Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like you truely had a Special Day!!
Post a Comment