Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An attempt to catch up...

I'm very sorry for the lack of posts on my blog recently. It has been a combination of no phone/internet service for a week and a very busy schedule. I'll try to catch you up on our happenings:

Last week Mike had the week off of work, so we spent the week having lots of fun. Generally when Mike has time off of work we hop in the car and visit family, go on vacation, etc. so we've never really just had a week at home. It was SO nice! We visited the zoo in Atlanta, went to a large playground and had a picnic lunch, visited the beach at a State Park near here and had another picnic lunch, went to Six Flags near Atlanta, and swam a LOT! We managed to complete a few projects around the house, but mostly just focused on having fun!

This week has been busy with preparations for our trip North. We are planning to leave on Friday and drive part way, and finish the trip on Saturday. We will be staying in a beach house on Lake Michigan with my family all week next week and then will be staying with Mike's parents the week after. During our trip we are excited to celebrate Marina's 5th adoption day (on June 22nd!) and to finalize Xavier's adoption (on July 2nd!), as well as celebrate my sister's birthday, Father's Day and both my parent's and Mike's parent's anniversaries! In fact, we are helping to host a 40th anniversary party for Mike's parents next weekend while we are there and it's sure to be a lot of fun! Along with packing and organizing this week Marina has her art class that she was chosen to participate in and she has loved it! Her last day is tomorrow and I'm so excited to see all of the wonderful masterpieces she comes home with! We spent the morning today at a local playground with the local MOPS moms and kids which was a lot of fun. I've been blessed to meet many wonderful women through that group! Tomorrow Alexander and Xavier get to stay with a babysitter while Mike and Marina enjoy a daddy-daughter date night at Chick-Fil-A and I enjoy a blissful hour of peace and quiet while getting a pedicure! I can't wait!!!

I think that's just about it. I'm sorry that there are no pictures this time. Honestly, the camera hasn't made much of an appearance lately....I guess we've been having too much fun to think about taking pictures! :O) I promise there will be LOTS to share after our trip! Thanks for checking in on us. I'm signing off now for about 2 1/2 weeks....can't wait to "see" you when we return!

Much love,
Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels...bring us some warm weather to Michigan.