Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter fun!

We have had a lot of winter fun this weekend. We had some good snow to play in on Saturday, so Mike took the kids out to play in the morning and then he and Marina went back out to play and build snowmen while Alexander was napping. Here is her finished product:


This afternoon we decided to take the kids ice skating for the first time. Marina has been asking to go for quite a while now so we decided to give it a try. It was AWESOME!!! Both of the kids did incredibly well and loved every minute they were out on that ice! They both caught on very quickly and Mike and I were very impressed! They have buckets for the kids to lean on/use to get used to the feel of being out on the ice with skates on. We started with that and made our way around the rink several times. Alexander caught on very quickly and took off right away. Honesty, I've never seen him so determined as I did on that ice today. It was awesome! He would fall, laugh and get right back up and on to skating again. It was a little harder for Marina since her legs are long enough that she kept kicking her buckets, so she kind of had to keep her legs a little farther apart than was comfortable. But she, too, caught on very quickly and was ready to go!


After a few laps around the rink, the kids were ready to try skating on their own. They were both filled with determination and didn't let the many tumbles get them down! Again, we were amazed at how quickly they caught on and how excited they were to be out there! By the end of the hour that we were there Marina could quite easily skate between Mike and I, and we were probably 12-15 feet apart. And by the very end, she was even throwing in a few twirls! My ice princess! Alexander couldn't quite skate as far as his big sister on his own, but he had no fear of letting go of those buckets and taking off on his own! Too fun! I've posted a couple of videos below.....I hope they work!
Love,
The Froehlich's

No comments: