Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An update and some prayer requests....

It's been a little while since I've posted an update on us, so I thought it might be about time! I don't have any new photos to share, but I hope you'll read about us anyway! :O)

Last weekend we took the kids to a Russian Festival in Kalamazoo. We all had a good time and it was nice to be immersed in Russian culture again. We were able to see a Russian puppet show, do a few crafts, watch some dancing, eat some Russian food and enjoy being in the company of native Russians.

We have all been taking advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and it has been really nice! It doesn't help me get all of the things done in the house that I need to, but cold and snow is just around the corner, I'm sure! I'll have more time then!

My parents bought a house near us and are in the process of making their move right now. They will (hopefully!) be in their new house with all of their "stuff" by the weekend! We are really excited to have them here....especially in time for the holidays! We are still hopeful that my grandma will join us on this side of the state soon!

I am getting ready to celebrate my 3_th birthday this weekend! The good news is that we get to celebrate with Mike's parents, brother and sister-in-law and my parents! It's always fun when we all get together! And we will be celebrating Thanksgiving next week at our house, which I'm excited about! And then of course I will begin getting ready for Marina's birthday and our trip the first week in December! I know all of this will be here before I know it!

And now a few prayer requests.....
A good friend of ours left today with her 2 daughters to fly to Guatemala to be with the beautiful little girl they will be adopting. They are currently enduring some paperwork "issues" so she is not sure how long they will be there. She felt such a strong need to be with their new daughter, but the time will be tough for all of them. She will be single-parenting while there, and trying to keep 3 girls busy in a hotel room will be tough. Please keep them in your prayers as they get through this wait.

There is also another family that is in the process of adopting a young girl from Krasnoyarsk. They are currently finishing up all of the appropriate paperwork and are waiting for a court date. Their new daughter is old enough to know that she has a forever family waiting for her, so this wait is tough on our friends, but also their new daughter. Please pray that they receive their court date quickly and that they can bring their daughter home very soon!

Thanks so much! I know it means a lot to them to have prayers from so many!

I hope that each of you has a blessed Thanksgiving!
Love,
The Froehlich's

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! :) I will be praying for these adoption situations! God Bless.

Craig, Brigitte, Thomas, and Isaac said...

Mike,Kristen, Marina, Alexander- We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Happy Birthday Kristen, and thank you for the card you sent Thomas. Can you believe 5 already! Him actually starting Kindergarten next year will break my heart. I finally got some posts on our blog; I couldn't remember if I gave you the address or not. It is theraymerfamily.blogspot.com The same as yours, just with our last name. We are praying for your family during this adoption process. It seems that things are moving right along- although I know the wait is hard. Many blessings to all of you!