We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We had my parents and Grandma over to our house and had a nice, relaxing day. It was nice to celebrate the holiday at our house. I always enjoy traveling to our families houses, but every now and then it’s nice to be home, too!
On Friday we decided to have a family movie night. We rented Ratatouille and made a fire and snuggled up in our pajamas. It was great! The kids really enjoyed the movie and we all enjoyed the relaxing evening. We really should do that more often! The rest of the weekend we spent at home getting caught up on some things, and were even able to start getting out a bit of our Christmas decorations. I love this time of year!!!

Our family pajama party!!! :O)
We finally got a little snow on Sunday, and the kids were beyond excited! The snow barely covered the grass, but you bet we were out there all bundled up with sleds in hand! I was skeptical that the sleds would even begin to go down the hill, but much to my surprise, I was wrong! The kids (and parents!) had a great time and were sad when it was time to come in for bed! We definitely hope the snow sticks around for a while!

Looking out our back door at the beautiful snow!!!
Marina lost her second tooth on Monday! She was so excited about it and not nervous about this one at all! She is growing up much too quickly! I wish I could slow her down!
We went to the local Christmas parade last night and had lots of fun. The weather was perfect for it and the kids were excited about it all day! I think they got more candy last night than they did for Halloween! Wow!
We are deep into preparations for Marina’s birthday party on Saturday and our trip to Disney World on Sunday. The kids still have no idea that we are going to Disney World and it’s getting harder and harder not to tell them! We plan on telling Marina at her birthday party on Saturday, the day before we leave, and we cannot wait to see her reaction! And even more so, we can’t wait to see her reaction when we walk into the Magic Kingdom for the first time! I really think the kids are going to love this trip! We also are excited to meet up with 3 families that we met in Krasnoyarsk. One of them we traveled with on both trips for Marina's adoption and the other 2 we met on our second trip for Alexander's adoption. We have not seen any of them since we left Russia, so we are thrilled to get the chance to catch up with them! So, I’m not sure if I’ll have time after Marina's party to post pictures and an update, but if not, rest assured that I will post LOTS of pictures of our trip once we return!
I hope that all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday and were reminded of all of the blessings in your life. I know we surely have been blessed!
Love,
Kristen




1 comment:
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you tell Marina about your trip to Disney World! Have a GREAT time! :)
Post a Comment