Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Winding down.....

I thought I would take a few minutes to post some pictures that were taken over the past couple of weeks. Summer is winding down, but so far our schedule hasn’t gotten any less busy!

A week and a half ago Mike’s brother got married. It was a beautiful wedding and we all had a great time. Mike was the best man and the kids were very impressed with his tuxedo. Marina even told him he was “beautiful!” Marina was equally impressed with her new aunt’s wedding gown, as well! In fact, Marina was extremely excited about wearing her own brand new dress to the wedding. So excited, in fact, that she had been asking about the wedding for a few weeks. Finally, the last night at home before we left for the wedding I told her to sleep really well and morning would come quickly. Well, at 4:00 a.m. I hear a little voice coming from Marina’s room……..”Mom, am I sleeping good?” Um, yes, honey, but you still have a few more hours! Silly girl! Marina looked beautiful in her new dress and I can guarantee she felt like a princess! Here are a few of our favorite pictures:
Last week we also enjoyed a week of family vacation. We spent the week with my family, and although nearly got rained out, had a great time. My sister, brother-in-law and niece were there, which was fantastic. We don’t get to see them nearly enough, so spending a week with them was great! My parents, grandma, aunt, uncle, great aunt and 2nd cousin were also there. We weren’t able to play nearly as much golf as we would have liked to, but found other ways to occupy our time. Luckily, the house we rented had an indoor pool, and we used that a lot! We did make it to the zoo one morning and the kids really enjoyed it. We also went out to dinner on Monday to celebrate my mom’s retirement. Here are a few more pictures of our fun:
We have another busy weekend coming up and then we get into the start of the fall activities next week. Marina’s preschool, Sunday School and ballet class all begin next week and she is so excited! We’ll also have MOPS, playgroups, story time at the library, etc. beginning in the next few weeks! I have to admit, as much fun as we’ve had this summer, I am really looking forward to getting back into a routine this fall and have more weekends at home……I hope! :O)

We don’t have any adoption updates just yet. We are currently waiting on our approval letter from our agency. Our approval date will be included in this letter, so we will know when our official wait begins! We are also waiting to get a letter telling us when our fingerprinting appointment will be. Other than that, we are done.

We hope all of you have enjoyed your summers. We have so many fun things to look forward to between now and the end of the year. I’m sure the time will pass quickly and soon the holidays will be here. We hope to see many of you very soon!

Much love,
The Froehlich’s

No comments: