I guess it took some urging from some family members to make me sit down at my computer and add an update on my blog! I guess things have just been "business as usual" for us....nothing too noteworthy to add. And I kind of like it that way....not so crazy busy! So, this is what we've been up to......
Two weeks ago we were thrilled to learn that our new baby niece finally decided to join us! Mark and Kelly's baby, Harper Avery, was born on February 9th. We went to Grand Rapids to see them just 2 days later and it was so great to see the new family of 3! Marina was THRILLED to have a new girl cousin and couldn't wait to get her hands on that sweet baby girl! She was content to either be taking pictures of Harper or holding Harper and having pictures taken of her! So, the picture below is the handiwork of Marina behind the camera, and the other is of her in front of the camera!
The kids have been busy with their school and activities. Alexander is really enjoying Tae Kwon Do and is doing well with it. He was pretty overwhelmed at first, but is learning the techniques and trying hard. I'm proud of him! I just signed him up for the spring soccer league in Marshall and he's anxious to get out on the soccer field again. And at the end of the summer he will be doing a golf "camp" at a local course. He's very excited about that, too! Marina is doing really well with her ballet class, although doesn't love the new class and instructor. I'm proud of her for sticking with it and pressing on. She does, however, still LOVE her horseback riding lessons and is improving more and more each week. The AAHJA (Athens Area Hunter Jumper Association - the association she rode in the shows in Georgia) had their annual banquet at the end of January and Marina was awarded the first place ribbon and award for her riding class. She aquired the most points during the show season and placed 1st! Way to go, girl!!! So, so proud of her! She has her first Michigan horse show on Sunday this weekend. She is pretty excited, but I am pretty disappointed that I'll be out of town for it. I can't wait to hear all about it from her on Sunday evening! Both Marina and Alexander had great report cards last week and are doing awesome in all areas. One more reason I'm so proud of my kiddos! Xavier is doing really well. I love spending my days at home with him. He is a ton of fun and has such an awesome personality. He keeps me extremely busy and smiling and laughing constantly! I am so blessed!
Mike's job is going well and he has been met with some big challenges, which he (mostly!) enjoys. He will begin traveling more often pretty soon and while he doesn't enjoy being away from the family, he is looking forward to traveling to some new places. He is currently working on a trip to India, which will be a unique and exciting experience for him! I am guessing he will also have plenty more trips to Europe and Asia as well!
We are slowing working on some projects at home. We painted the master bathroom and great room this past weekend. We still need to paint the master bedroom, playroom and laundry room. I also have some decorating to do, window treatments to buy, etc. Slowly but surely....we'll get there!
I hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for checking in on us. I will ask Mike to take the camera to Marina's horse show on Sunday and will share a few pictures with you if he does! The kids have been home from school yesterday and today because of the ice and snow, but are looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. And me....well, I'm ready for spring! :O)
Love,
Kristen






1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well & settleing in to your new souroundings.
I to hope that spring is right around the corner. Winter this year is like a house guest that has stayed way to long.
Randy Dicks
Post a Comment