Two years ago. Wow!
It was two years ago that Mike and I sat in front of the judge in Krasnoyarsk, Russia and were declared parents of a giggly, joyful, fun, active, adorable, lovable 18 month old little boy. It was two years ago that this little guy went from being called Oleg Yuryevich to Alexander Oleg. It was two years ago that this resilient little life would change forever. And so would ours. Thank you, God, for bringing this ray of sunshine into our life!
I say this every year, but it still is so true.....I can't believe it has already been 2 years since we had the absolute honor of adding Alexander to our family, but on the other hand, it feels as if he's been with us forever! He has brought such joy into our lives in these 2 short years! He has grown and changed in countless ways and it is awesome to watch him develop into his own person! He and Marina are developing a bond and relationship that I pray will keep them very, very close forever.
There's an idea floating around out there in the adoption world that our kids have something special going for them, that they are "chosen." Chosen by us, their parents, to be in our family. But the most awesome thing to me is that I have been chosen.....chosen by God to be the parent of these amazing children. These children that humble me every day and that fill my heart with more love than I ever knew existed. These children that bring smiles to my face on the toughest days and light to my life when it sometimes seems dark. God chose me.....WOW! What an incredible, amazing blessing!
We plan to celebrate Alexander's adoption day this evening after Mike gets home from work and the kids and I get home from Marina's dress rehearsal for her recital tomorrow afternoon. We will celebrate with the cake (Funfetti cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles!) that Alexander picked out, have him open his gift (from Russia) and then sit down and flip through the pictures and watch our adoption video tonight before the kids go to bed. Alexander chose to go ice skating for our family activity, so we will do that on Sunday after church (since we are at the mercy of the open skate schedule at the rink!)
So, today our thoughts are consumed with our time spent in Russia two years ago, the wonderful friends we met while we were there, and the amazing little boy who joined our hearts and home! Thanks be to God!
Happy adoption day, Alexander! May you always know just how much we love you and what an absolute joy you are in our lives!
Much love,
Mike, Kristen, Marina and Alexander
p.s. I will be sure to add pictures of our fun later in the weekend!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
What a beautiful blog today! It does seem crazy that it has already been 2 years, and it does feel like he has been part of your family all along as does Marina. God did choose you and he did a great job! And I for one am happy that he brought those kids into your lives, as then, they are also in our lives. Thanks for keeping the blog for us to get to see what is happening and to see the special times, like Marina's first bike ride without training wheels and Alexander's great singing! You say you feel blessed, I think I speak for all your friends and family to say...we are blessed to know and love you all!
Blessings to you all on this special day.
Love,
Amy
Congratulations to your family. You are very blessed to have two wonderful children. Yes, you were chosen by God to raise these two beautiful kids. You are doing a good job.
Thank you for keeping the blog so we can follow in the process.
As always, we love you.
I miss seeing you.
Tracie
What a joy this little boy has been to us all. We love him and Marina very much and they have been wonderful additions to our family. May God continue to bless all of you. We love you all very much.
Post a Comment